Hal website problems

lakedweller64

18 minutes ago, lakedweller64 said:

I find Hal website very complicated and hard to navigate. today it seems to be locked up . Is anyone else having this problem?

It's working for me.   The only time I ever have an issue is when I have something in my cart that I haven't paid for.   If you do, then try deleting what's in your cart and see if that helps.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:50 AM, lakedweller64 said:

I find Hal website very complicated and hard to navigate. today it seems to be locked up . Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes, same issues here since we have been booking and using HAL web site, over a decade.   Recent inability to book excursions and dining for a Aug/Sept 2022 cruise have been exceptionally time consuming.on our Apple PCs and tablets .   Found some relief if we use Google Chrome browser instead of Safari, delete history often and sign in at 6 am.   Good luck

• Like 1

HAL is  me on my online account that I have cruise credits that I don’t have. The credits from a cancelled 2020 cruise were all supposed to be applied to my upcoming June cruise. My TA and I have been trying to get them on the phone forever. I am also down for an excursion credit that I don’t have also. I did get ahold of shore excursions and she could find no record of this so called shore excursion credit. Just a glitch in the system she thought. Something is definitely amiss with their record keeping 🤨

They are having issues today.   I am having issues with both Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10 Pro.

I just get a spin dial when bringing up a booking.   The page come up, shows my cabin,  cruise, etc, but a spin dial persists at the top of the screen.

Agree! Even my HAL representative agrees, and passes on customer complaints. She had 1,000 voicemails to return - including mine - and I know all my voicemails could've been resolved online, if the website worked consistently! I switch from Google, to Explorer to Safari - same issues on different days. One explanation I heard was that with Covid staff shortages, the tech folks that work on the backend of the website were out sick - and the Russian/Chinese/Interplanetary cyberattacks, of course.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

My future cruise credits have disappeared.  I figure it must be a system problem and they will probably reappear.

I noticed my FCC missing yesterday, but like you, thought they would reappear. I looked again today and they were still missing. I say "were" because I found out where they went to: they were applied automatically to our next booked cruise. I had checked a week or so ago to see if they had been applied (we had not asked for that yet, but I read in the past that it sometimes happened automatically), but at that time we still owed the full amount less deposit. Anyway, if you have a cruise coming up, check your balance...I don't mind the transfer, because we were going to do it anyway, but surprised they didn't notify us first. 🤔

2 hours ago, KAKcruiser said:

Thank you so much.  I hadn't thought of that.  The FCC was applied to my current booking which I had already paid in full.  Now it is showing a credit.  What happens now?  I guess I'll have to call tomorrow.

Wow, I have never heard of that; they should issue a credit to your CC for the overpay. I think they're trying to clear all the FCC off the books. I would wait maybe a week to see if your CC is credited before trying to call. They've always credited CC purchases quickly: Shorex, dinners, flowers, etc. when a cruise is cancelled; hopefully they'll do the same for overpaid fares.

4 hours ago, Linguist208 said:

I knew the HAL website was going to be a problem the second time I visited it, when it asked me to sign in, even though I always check the "remember me" box. Poor design/execution.

That has never worked for me either; it appears to hold the info for the same day only.

Edited by PSR

• 1 year later...