Best time to cruise the carribean???

karen_michelle

We love going in Feb/March,the peak winter times here in Louisiana. We are booked for the Conquest Feb 26th now.

We HAVE done one cruise in August and enjoyed it, although it was definatly a bad hurricane season. We were on the last cruise before Katrina hit. She was over Florida while we were in Cozumel/Costa Maya. So, booking in the summer is definatly risky...

Miranda

We did three-day cruises from Miami to Nassau, etc in March and July. Both times were great and the Caribbean was as flat as a mill pond. The July date was shortly after a hurricane, so I guess the weather had cleared itself out and was grand. Last March we did Cozumel, Grand Cayman, etc out of Ft Lauderdale and again the weather was perfect and the seas flat.

As the others have said, chose Jan to April. With all the hurricanes, summer (and that seems to last until November, these days!) is too dicey. Plus if you if you live were it's cold, it's a treat to get warm.:)

I have been in the Caribbean every month of the year, I have hit high seas, calm seas every month of the year...Huricane season is from June to November 30th but as you saw last year that is not always true. You can not count on calm seas if you are cruising...get sea sick medicine...and who knows those seas might not even bother you. I know I love em, the rougher the better. Rocks me right to sleep.

We love going in Feb/March,the peak winter times here in Louisiana. We are booked for the Conquest Feb 26th now.

We HAVE done one cruise in August and enjoyed it, although it was definatly a bad hurricane season. We were on the last cruise before Katrina hit. She was over Florida while we were in Cozumel/Costa Maya. So, booking in the summer is definatly risky...

Miranda

I was one of the judges for the hairy chest contest. I was wearing a blue bikini from California...

Were you able to get home safely from Galveston? I remember going ashore in Cozumel and many of the passengers that lived along the gulf coast were trying to find phones to call home.

The best weather we've ever had was in May. Nothing but sun the whole time, and temperatures in the 80's/90's. The worst one I've done was at the end of January - it was 46 degrees in Miami. It warmed up quite a bit over the course of the week but not enough for my liking!!!

Archived