Confusion about Elevate Package

alyssamma

Hi...I've read various threads here and still confused about this package. It seems to basically be an upgrade to premium drinks + OBC that (may?) need to be used for a shore excursion. The wifi + tips you already get as part of "always included", correct?

But at $30pppd, it's $420 for a 7 night cruise. To simply upgrade to Premium drinks is $12pppd, so $168. That means you are paying $252 for the OBC.

Is all of that correct?

If you don't need the OBC, then it would make sense to ignore Elevate and just upgrade the drinks package correct?

Is there *any* reason to get Elevate other than a slight extra net in OBC (i.e., pay $252 to get approx $300 for a Verandah).

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

Hi...I've read various threads here and still confused about this package. It seems to basically be an upgrade to premium drinks + OBC that (may?) need to be used for a shore excursion. The wifi + tips you already get as part of "always included", correct?

But at $30pppd, it's $420 for a 7 night cruise. To simply upgrade to Premium drinks is $12pppd, so $168. That means you are paying $252 for the OBC.

Is all of that correct?

If you don't need the OBC, then it would make sense to ignore Elevate and just upgrade the drinks package correct?

Is there *any* reason to get Elevate other than a slight extra net in OBC (i.e., pay $252 to get approx $300 for a Verandah).

Thanks.

No. Your numbers are correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just booked the Elevate package and although the website states that it must be used only for Shore Excursions (which I wouldn't use) I verified with the customer service rep that the $300 is an on-board credit.  Clearly, if you only want the premium drink package, it makes sense to book just that.  BTW, my receipt clearly states that the $300 is an On-Board credit and I have booked spa and specialty dining using it.  I am one of those people who like having a zero balance at the end of the cruise! 🤩        

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In the original post, the numbers leave out the upgraded wifi.   You get the upgraded streaming wifi, and premium drink upgrade, with the OBC.   Wifi is $20/day, and drinks are $12/day to upgrade. In the 7 day example ->  $30/ppd (30X7) $210 Elevate - wifi upgrade(140) - premium drinks (84) =  -$14  IMO you come out ahead with OBC.  YMMV  

Edited by dreams_of_travel
to clarify

14 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

In the original post, the numbers leave out the upgraded wifi.   You get the upgraded streaming wifi, and premium drink upgrade, with the OBC.   Wifi is $20/day, and drinks are $12/day to upgrade. In the 7 day example ->  $30/ppd (30X7) $210 Elevate - wifi upgrade(140) - premium drinks (84) =  -$14  IMO you come out ahead with OBC.  YMMV  

WiFi Upgrade is not included with the Elevate Package only with the Indulge.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

On the website it states "basic" wifi...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, terrydtx said:

If you do not need the added shore excursion credit, then the Elevate package makes no sense. It is more for those who booked the Simply sail cruise rates without AI.

I think was possible to book it on the website Elevate for a time with Simply Sail rates but it was never intended to be combined with cruise only rates. You would be getting premium drinks/basic WiFi and OBC for $30pd.