What Proctored Tests Have Canadians Been Using For Boarding?

ceilidh1

1 hour ago, tropical83 said:

Thanks. When you say green box tests, I assume its the Rapid Response tests?

At this point I think I am going to book Azova as well. Walmart and Shoppers can't get their stories straight and I can't rely on them. Still nervous though with the lack of reports of people using these specific tests to get on their cruise.

Yes the rapid response tests BTNX. Azova has an official affiliation so I feel better using them. They are also the affiliation with WestJet. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Magicat said:

Is this the one people are using?

I've used the white Flowflex with Azova before, but didn't buy the test from them - I bought mine at Target in the US and then paid Azova $20 to proctor it. This was before we could easily get rapid tests in Canada so I had to buy them stateside for travel. 

In the future I'll use the green box Rapid Response tests with Azova instead - same $20 to proctor. 

Edited by cmich068

15 minutes ago, ski ww said:

We are on a HAL cruise in July out of Athens. We arrive in Athens two days before departure, how, were, when do we get tested in Athens??

Too early to worry about that 

we leave on a TA in 11 days and still don’t know 100% is it is one day , 2 day or at the terminal 😉

We were able to use our Avoza video observation rapid test with green rapid response tests for both US flight and boarding for NCL cruise. 

Easiest process and no issues with air canada or NCL accepting negative rapid test azova report. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

With Avoza how far in advance should you book your appointment 

Flying out April 29th early , should I book a time slot now or until next Tuesday ? 

Honestly in my experience you can almost always book within a few minutes of signing up, no real need to do it in advance. But if you're more comfortable doing so there's no harm. 

• Thanks 1

We are flying into Vancouver from Australia, arriving on 4 September.  We will be boarding Holland America on 7 September for an Alaskan cruise and will need to get a COVID test done before boarding.  Not being from Canada and not knowing the area (we are staying in Vancouver precruise) I have no idea how to get a supervised test done.  Any help would be appreciated.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:19 PM, cmich068 said:

Honestly in my experience you can almost always book within a few minutes of signing up, no real need to do it in advance. But if you're more comfortable doing so there's no harm. 

Azova also let’s you cancel the appointment within 24 hrs at no charge . I believe I got that info when I signed up . 

44 minutes ago, Padfutonian said:

Can anyone confirm that the green boxes given out in Vancouver have been successfully used in a proctored session to board an RCCL ship? 

Update: I just called RCL’s hotline and confirmed with them that my sailing (Ovation OTS) on May 5th is accepting any test proctored by Azova. Hope it helps someone! 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Padfutonian said:

Can anyone confirm that the green boxes given out in Vancouver have been successfully used in a proctored session to board an RCCL ship? 

It depend on which are given out in Vancouver is it BNTX 

it also depend on the proctored you are using 

https://www.azova.com/travelvideo/