Speciality Dining packages

MomC2L2

We have never bought a speciality dining package but do like to eat in the speciality restaurants sometimes.
Can anyone explain how they work? Advantages or disadvantages of them?

Can they be used any day? Lunch or dinner? 
can you make the reservations before you get on the cruise?

Thanks 😋

For us dining packages are the way to go. We like paying  in advance and knowing that we are saving over regular price. Most of all we don’t have to think about finding a ‘deal’ on a nice meal once onboard. 

When you buy a dining pkg you must reserve the first night in advance.  However, you can change that reservation once onboard when you are scheduling your other meals. Other meals cannot be reserved until you board.  I suggest you go to a specialty restaurant very soon after boarding and get your dining squared away as this will help you get the days and times that you want.  

The last time we sailed the number of meals in each restaurant was predetermined but I believe that has changed. I too am interested in how that works now. I’m sure that a reservation can be made for any day and time, pending availability.  

When we were on board in December we went to a specialty restaurant (Murano) immediately after boarding and made all of our reservations for the duration of the cruise. In our case, we changed the complimentary first night's reservation in addition to making all of the others. We chose to make all of our reservations in the same restaurant. There was no limit on the number of times we could eat in the same restaurant. The earlier in the cruise you go to make the reservations the more availability there will be with your desired times and venue. 

39 minutes ago, floralscent said:

Luvcrusn - can you please elaborate on the line above? Thank you 

Here's an example. If you have a 3 night dining package you can choose to eat each meal in a different restaurant  (Murano once, Tuscan once, Le Petite Chef once) or in any of the restaurants as many times as you'd like (example, Murano 3x). Does that help?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Here's an example. If you have a 3 night dining package you can choose to eat each meal in a different restaurant  (Murano once, Tuscan once, Le Petite Chef once) or in any of the restaurants as many times as you'd like (example, Murano 3x). Does that help?

3 minutes ago, SEA DOGY said:

Can you chose any thing on the menu with out paying any extra someone told us there is not to many choices for instance you want lobster you pay extra,  large cut prime rib also trigger + $$

There are only a very few things on the menu that are extra (ex. in Murano caviar is extra) and there are plenty of choices. You can view the menus in the app. Lobster Murano in Murano is NOT extra and is one of my favorites as is the chateaubriand, and neither are extra. We haven't sailed on any of the Edge class ships (we love the S-class) so I'm not familiar with any of their specialty restaurants.

Edited by Luvcrusn

1 hour ago, SEA DOGY said:

Can you chose any thing on the menu with out paying any extra someone told us there is not to many choices for instance you want lobster you pay extra,  large cut prime rib also trigger + $$

On Apex last fall, we ate in both Eden (amazing!!!) and Fine Cut, which was excellent.  In Fine Cut, I was debating having the filet or the lobster.  Our waiter took the rest of my order and said I will have you served surf and turf.  Delicious and no added cost.

D4D64A08-31D3-4AEF-A1B8-532D61FE1B73.jpeg