Please confirm Antigen test

claudia814

2 hours ago, claudia814 said:

Just want to make sure the CVS Minute Clinic’s Rapid Result Antigen test is accepted by Princess. I’m Up-to-Date and will test on Wednesday for a Saturday cruise. Thank you very much for your responses. 

Just now, AVCruzers said:

If not mistaken, you need to test within 2 days so you need to test by at least Thursday for a Sat. embarkation.  

It really depends on where you are embarking  to start your cruise. Testing time line requirements vary by port, country and are constantly changing 

I bought 2 self test kits to take with me to take the day before my cruise.  Some are saying 3 days, some say 3 days. 

From the Princess website (https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/😞

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

9 minutes ago, capriccio said:

From the Princess website (https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/😞

Vaccination Status

CDC Definition

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 2 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Up to Date

Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation

Antigen

Within 3 days

PCR

Within 3 days

Not Vaccinated

Not fully vaccinated

PCR

Within 3 days

These charts do not help those sailing from Vancouver.  Canada changed requirements for COVID testing but, Princess has Not published their requirements yet for this port of embarkation. 

5 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

These charts do not help those sailing from Vancouver.  Canada changed requirements for COVID testing but, Princess has Not published their requirements yet for this port of embarkation. 

I didn't realize the OP was from Vancouver or sailing from Vancouver.  Earlier posts led me to believe she is in the States and I thought cruises haven't started out of Canada yet. 

@claudia814 Sorry If my post wasn't helpful.  Enjoy your cruise!

9 minutes ago, 007colocruz said:

there's a cruise leaving from Vancouver next Saturday?

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

there's a cruise leaving from Vancouver next Saturday?

I keep getting asked if requirements are the same, for all ports apparently the longer cruises out of US ports require differ testing then 7 day ones. Thanks 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, claudia814 said:

Just want to make sure the CVS Minute Clinic’s Rapid Result Antigen test is accepted by Princess. I’m Up-to-Date and will test on Wednesday for a Saturday cruise. Thank you very much for your responses. 

Three weeks ago, when we were sailing out of LA, the antigen test was ok (though we ended up with PCR test due to the vagaries of testing in our county).  I think you are reading correctly that Wednesday would be an acceptable test day since you are in the "Up-to-date"(boosted) category, at least for US cruises.

9 minutes ago, capriccio said:

I didn't realize the OP was from Vancouver or sailing from Vancouver.  Earlier posts led me to believe she is in the States and I thought cruises haven't started out of Canada yet. 

@claudia814 Sorry If my post wasn't helpful.  Enjoy your cruise!

OP- is US. But people are still getting confused thinking all cruises have same requirements.