Shooting advice for Australia New Zealand Cruises

First of I am an amateur photographer with a Fuji XT-3 camera, 18-55 kit lens, and 75-300 telephoto lens. Aregthere any other any critical lenses you would recommend for this cruise. What are the most important sites I should be prepared to shoot and what settings would you recommend for shooting these sties? Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, eddieg07410 said:

First of I am an amateur photographer with a Fuji XT-3 camera, 18-55 kit lens, and 75-300 telephoto lens. Aregthere any other any critical lenses you would recommend for this cruise. What are the most important sites I should be prepared to shoot and what settings would you recommend for shooting these sties? Thanks in advance.

Can you provide a little more information regarding where the cruise is going and any tours you plan to take. I have spent many months cruising from Australia and NZ and the itineraries are varied - everything from NZ fjords to South Pacific islands.

Your interests will also help and how about the speed of your current lenses.

That just about covers the full range, but slow f stops might mean you struggle a bit with low light. Do you plan to print, if so to what size, or just view on screen. Also what type of excursions are you likely to take. What is your itinerary. Are you spending land time or just the cruise, could all influence my advice but I shoot full frame and if I can cover from 24-300 I’m pretty happy, though I usually take at least one prime (50 1.4 normally my first choice) for lower light stuff and if I’m likely to be doing a bit of wildlife might pack a 400 too, handy if there are dolphins and/or whales around too.

• 2 weeks later...