Passport expires five months after end of cruise, is this a problem?

Mark_K

58 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

I think there is a FLL to San Diego cruise on Millennium through the Panama canal departing April 18th.  It was maybe assumed that is the OP's cruise.

I was not assuming. It took no great detection to discover that OP is posting on the roll call for the April 18 Millennium sailing. 

If OP wants the peace of mind they should still be able to make an appointment for an in person renewal. My neice lives in North Texas and did not notice her passport would expire a day after her scheduled air return. Anything could happen with air travel. She went down to Houston and got it renewed in person. 

Edited by Charles4515

8 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I was not assuming. It took no great detection to discover that OP is posting on the roll call for the April 18 Millennium sailing. 

If OP wants the peace of mind they should still be able to make an appointment for an in person renewal. My neice lives in North Texas and did not notice her passport would expire a day after her scheduled air return. Anything could happen with air travel. She went down to Houston and got it renewed in person. 

Good detective work.  One of the problems is the government has a hole in their options.  According to them, if you have 5-7 weeks, you can get an expedited passport, if you’re leaving in 5 business days or less, you can get in in person passport (with no guarantee of an available appointment).  They don’t  have an option for 3 weeks, I would have done it if they had.  

At this point, I’m just going to rely on the links to Celebrity document requirements people have posted and the experiences of people in similar circumstances.