Not used to making reservations, how does it work on Royal?

So where are reservations required? recommended? offered?

When and how do you make a reservation?  In before the cruise? During cruise in person, phone, or app?

What happens if someone is a no show?

What happens if a venue is booked?  Can you wait list? Just show up?

Wanting to really love RCL again after a few years on other lines, this reservation thing is getting to me though.

Thanks.

I have been on Anthem and have not made reservations for any shows.   They announced they were needed but noone is at entrances to check like they were in January.  

If you do have to make reservation you can do on the app or probably do at guest services.    If you don't show up, no problem. 

In January if you showed up without a reservation you waited to the side for a couple of minutes then they you in, but none of that is happening on Anthem these 2 sailings.

It's pretty easy to make reservations in the app, and people no-showed regularly as we saw empty seats at every performance requiring the reservation. 

It's sort of flying on Southwest -- reserve & show up early if you want a good seat.  If you don't reserve, don't expect to sit on the aisle together.

Thanks.  Never been to the ice skating show so I do want to get to it at least once. 

So if you no show a restaurant, it's ok?  I noticed in the daily newsletter that reservations were recommended in almost all dining venues even the MDR.

If you have to wait until onboard, those who get the latest boarding times may get few choices?

Again thanks for all advice.

8 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

So if you no show a restaurant, it's ok?  I noticed in the daily newsletter that reservations were recommended in almost all dining venues even the MDR.

If you have to wait until onboard, those who get the latest boarding times may get few choices?

Yes (cancel if you want credit for any paid bookings) - tho be considerate and cancel any bookings (assuming you have MTD).

Likely, yes.