Early flight out of MIA

amilicia

Probably a stupid question, but I have to ask... LOL

Is it plausible or nearly impossible to make a 10:25am flight out of MIA from Port of Miami on a Sunday morning in early December?  We would carry off all of our bags from the Horizon and would not be checking anything at the airport (we travel light). There's a non-stop flight from MIA to CLE that is very enticing that day, but it's been a long time since I've flown out of MIA.  What say the professionals?

Thanks in advance!

It can be done providing you are one of the first off of the ship. If the ship arrives at 6:00AM and you walk off around 6:30AM depending on the amount of passengers you should arrive at MIA before 7:30AM. MIA is especially busy on weekends but if everything lines up you will have time to spare. Personally I would be more comfortable flying home after 12 Noon.

Yes, you can make it.  We had a 10:30am departure last month and arrived at MIA so early that we were able to standby for an 8:30am flight and made it on. As mentioned above, you need to be off the ship early. Also, it helped that we qualified for Customs & Immigration facial scanning for U.S. citizens so we didn't have to wait in any Customs lines. We simply walked through the machines standing there. One other tip; you'd be better off taking a taxi which is immediately available outside vs waiting for a ride share to show up. Yet another tip: Are you TSA Precheck? You won't have much time to spare if the regular lines are long.

Edited by KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
  • Like 1

I've got a 10:15a booked at MIA for May on a Monday. Also no checked bags, TSA precheck, global entry, ship lists 6 am, and only one other (different line) ship listed at 8 am at the port that morning.

Only concern is that Horizon lists 8 am Dec 4 with 7 ships arriving 6-8 am and another Carnival ship, Celebration, also lists 8 am.

Are you hoping Horizon will disembark earlier than 8 am?

Edited by twins_to_alaska

Thanks for the replies.  Sounds like it might be best to wait and grab a little bit later flight to avoid some stress and possible divorce (LOL).  It looks like it's going to be a pretty busy day in port on Dec. 4 (thanks twins_to_alaska), which will likely make transportation and MIA a madhouse that morning (we don't have TSA precheck either).  I appreciate all the info, I didn't think to look at the port schedule for the day....

• Like 1