Rooftop Garden Grill on Apex

kebrown

Does anyone know if you can order more than one meat entree at the Rooftop Garden Grill on the Apex without being charged extra?  Can you order as much as you want and still only pay the $45.00 cover at this venue?

7 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Does anyone know if you can order more than one meat entree at the Rooftop Garden Grill on the Apex without being charged extra?  Can you order as much as you want and still only pay the $45.00 cover at this venue?

I don't know if they do there, but I do know in Fine Cut steakhouse there is a extra $20 charge.

I don't know, but I'm just going to say that the RGG was the worst specialty dining I've had on a cruise ship. The food was okay, but not worth an upcharge, never mind $45. My server was pleasant but seemed to forget I was there a few times. I won't be back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I don't know, but I'm just going to say that the RGG was the worst specialty dining I've had on a cruise ship. The food was okay, but not worth an upcharge, never mind $45. My server was pleasant but seemed to forget I was there a few times. I won't be back.

Sadly, I fully concur. Although, as documented elsewhere on this forum, many love it.

I read some time ago that they were planning to replace the (rather uninspiring - especially re appetisers) menu but there is no sign of that happening. If/when it does I'll be straight back because its outdoor location is appealing.

Edited by Bugsy1966
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Thanks for expressing this - I was just about to buy the package based on the restaurant count.  Now that I know we should drop this one.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, tinaincc said:

Thanks for expressing this - I was just about to buy the package based on the restaurant count.  Now that I know we should drop this one.

Always so many opinions, which are all subjective (no right or wrong) when it comes to food.  On EDGE, we LOVED it.  I am a believer in trying something then forming my own opinion.  YMMV

• Like 2

We enjoyed Rooftop Grill on Apex, however it isn't one that we a dreaming of returning to either.  Food was decent to good but not really any better than what you get elsewhere on board (keeping in mind we loved the food available in both specialty and included dining), however the main reason to book Rooftop Grill is for the outdoor setting.  It truly is a beautiful venue, and on a nice night in the Caribbean can be quite magical (even if the food doesn't blow you away!).

We were disappointed with it, apps were good but the Baby Back Ribs were advertised as 1/2 or full rack, a full rack were 2 pieces about 1-1/2 by4 inches long more like rib tips and overly seasoned with pepper, Brisket was tender but a thick layer of fat was on it and again very small portion for the price.

I think it's a little above average.  Our server told us the appetizer portions were small and urged us to order one of each.  OMG...the appetizer portions are huge, and we couldn't finish.

I think it's ok to try once if you have a specialty dining package and can't think of where else you would like to use it, but I personally would not pay their cover just to try them out.

Eden, Fine Cut, and Raw on Five (especially their big seafood tower at $ 75 a la carte) in our opinion are better choices.

And don't forget Le Grand Bistro for lunch ... $ 20 cover is a pretty good deal. 

The Steak & Frites was excellent, as is their tuna sandwich (we asked for the tuna on lettuce instead and the tuna was wonderful).

Edited by CalTexCruiser
  • Thanks 1