ArriveCan for New England

FrankieSue

As a Canadian, embarking in Montreal for a Montreal/Boston, return to Montreal itinerary, when exactly will I need to complete the ArriveCan document? The Holland America website says to have it ready with the receipt when embarking in Montreal, which obviously does not apply to Canadian Citizens, so when do I need to complete and present it? At what point of the Boston to Montreal return? I am a bit confused

You can’t enter any information into the arrive can App until 3 days before your arrival. The calendar on the app is blocked. This information you are getting from HA is not accurate I believe.  I Have a cruise departing from Vancouver in two weeks and am unable to enter any information for when we return home

16 hours ago, FrankieSue said:

As a Canadian, embarking in Montreal for a Montreal/Boston, return to Montreal itinerary, when exactly will I need to complete the ArriveCan document? The Holland America website says to have it ready with the receipt when embarking in Montreal, which obviously does not apply to Canadian Citizens, so when do I need to complete and present it? At what point of the Boston to Montreal return? I am a bit confused

You will in fact have to make two ArriveCAN submissions. For embarkation, all passengers must submit information using the ArriveCAN app or the online ArriveCAN webpage within 72 hours of embarkation. Canadians are not exempt from this requirement.

Passenger obligations

• Pre-boarding a cruise ship
    • Passengers must take a COVID-19 molecular test within 72-hours before boarding a cruise ship or take an antigen test within one day of the scheduled departure.
    • Before their cruise departs, a traveller will need to enter their trip information into the ArriveCAN website.
    • Passengers seeking a medical contraindication or religious belief exemption will need to contact their cruise line to see if these are permitted. These exemptions are very limited.

For your return from Boston, you'll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival in Canada. The timing may change when the new entry requirements are implemented on April 1st.

Since the ArriveCan documents is for people entering « Canada » I dont see how I can enter the info for a cruise ending in Boston, a USA port… however, on the return trip, I do expect that I will need it to enter Canada.

1 minute ago, FrankieSue said:

Since the ArriveCan documents is for people entering « Canada » I dont see how I can enter the info for a cruise ending in Boston, a USA port… however, on the return trip, I do expect that I will need it to enter Canada.

While the initial use of the ArriveCAN app was to screen travellers arriving in Canada, rather than develop a second app and website with effectively the same functionality, the GOC decided to piggyback on the ArriveCAN app for screening travellers about to embark on any cruise sailing from Canada. As the revised app has not been released, I don't know exactly what information will be required for embarking on a cruise versus entering Canada come April 1, but the requirement is there as part of the precautions instituted by the GOC for a safe return to cruising within Canada.

Please also note HAL's related requirement for Alaska and Canada/New England cruises:

Within 72 hours of your cruise embarkation, sign into ArriveCAN from a computer or download the mobile app to enter your proof of vaccination and travel information to get your ArriveCAN receipt. Please bring a digital copy of the email or print your receipt and take it with you when you travel.

So, both the GOC and HAL are quite clear about the requirement. While I believe that a "CruiseCAN" app might be less confusing, I can understand why the GOC might not want to take on the expense of creating and maintaining another app and website that would in all probability not be required in another few months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1