Port of Miami parking - how much time to allow

Chewie76

We’re booked on a quick weekend Royal Caribbean cruise out of Miami. We’re planning on parking at the port, but we’ve never cruised from Miami before and I’m trying to figure out how much time to allow for parking since the arrival window is fairly narrow. We’re driving down from from the Ft. Myers area that morning.  Is 30 minutes long enough or should we plan on more time?

So if your departure is on a Friday, I would give yourself an extra hour or two.  If traffic is light or you think you'll be too early, stop someplace for a quick bite or fill up your tank.  We'll leave at 8 for a 1:30 arrival and stop in the Alley and then again for a bagel and coffee.  

10 hours ago, Chewie76 said:

the arrival window is fairly narrow

This window probably applies to check-in and embarkation, not to when you arrive at a parking garage.  Once you are in the Port, any delays in getting to a parking garage will be due to the traffic congestion within the Port.  My suggestion would be to plan to arrive and be parked 30-60 minutes before your arrival time window.  Sit comfortably in your vehicle until close to the time for your check-in.  Arriving early gives you some time to "scout out" a good parking spot in the garage, i.e. very close to an elevator.