Seabourn 2022 - Dry Docks?

jdk-atlga

On 4/11/2022 at 11:51 AM, rucrazy said:

From my perspective that is more an money generating thing than anything else.. different category different pricing..  location location location

They actually removed the top two balcony categories, so I don't know that it was a money thing. When I first started sailing with Seabourn, all the cabins on the little sisters (200 passengers) were priced the same (other that the six suites). You simply chose your location based on your preferences. Many liked the front, some the rear, and those that were prone to seasickness chose the lowest level mid-ship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImpulsiveTraveler said:

When I first started sailing with Seabourn, all the cabins on the little sisters (200 passengers) were priced the same (other that the six suites). You simply chose your location based on your preferences.

Years ago on celebrity the aft cabins with the huge balconies were simply Concierge Class first come first served .. then they started structuring concierge into classes 1, 2, or 3 pricing them differently and it was based on location.

9 hours ago, ImpulsiveTraveler said:

They actually removed the top two balcony categories, so I don't know that it was a money thing.

It is definitely a money thing. 😉  It used to be that savvy cruisers who wanted a low, mid-ship suite could score that desirable location at one of the lowest prices. Now, they've made all the mid-ship suites more expensive than the ones up front, which are generally less desirable. By "simplifying" the veranda suite categories from 6 to 4, I'm certain the average price has been increased a bit.