Questions About Updating Information For A Booking & Passports

Keith1010

We are taking some family members on a Disney Cruise for the first time.

First question, I wanted to update our reservations to show the Passport Information for the adults.  Is there away to do this on line?  I can't figure it out.

Related to this if I can't do this on line do you need to provide this to Disney ahead of time.  The reason I am asking is I tried calling them and have been on hold for one hour which is really disappointing.

Other question we are sailing R/T Galveston and sailing the Caribbean.  Am I right that for the children who are under 15 we only need to provide Passports at time of boarding.

Final question.  Is the wait to speak to someone normally one hour or more?

Many thanks,

Keith

When you do the online check in, 30 days before the sailing, you will upload pictures of the passport/ID and enter the information.

The wait times are horrible right now due to a systems "upgrade" and the same staffing issues that are plaguing most call centers.

On 3/29/2022 at 6:51 AM, Keith1010 said:

First question, I wanted to update our reservations to show the Passport Information for the adults.  Is there away to do this on line?  I can't figure it out.

Can you elaborate a bit more? Is there a place on the website that is supposed to "show" your passport information but is not showing it? Can you describe where on the site you want to see it and isn't showing it? 

Other question we are sailing R/T Galveston and sailing the Caribbean.  Am I right that for the children who are under 15 we only need to provide Passports at time of boarding.

As opposed to providing a vaccination report as well as a passport? Our experience was that we needed passports and vaccination for both our kids, one of which was 11, and we had to provide this information prior to embarkation online. 

Final question.  Is the wait to speak to someone normally one hour or more?

We just got off the Disney Wonder out of SD. Any questions we had for DCL that we felt better be asked on the phone, we had to wait sometimes up to 4 hours. Normally what we'd do is call in the morning and then put the phone away and come back to it within the last hour. Not kidding. 

Thank you.  

On 3/31/2022 at 9:36 AM, ArthurUSCG said:

When you do the online check in, 30 days before the sailing, you will upload pictures of the passport/ID and enter the information.

The wait times are horrible right now due to a systems "upgrade" and the same staffing issues that are plaguing most call centers.

Thank you.  I was able to get through to Disney and they confirmed this plus uploading the information as you mentioned. Then a little closer to the voyage we upload the vaccine card.

Many thanks.

Keith

12 hours ago, islacruzer said:

Can you elaborate a bit more? Is there a place on the website that is supposed to "show" your passport information but is not showing it? Can you describe where on the site you want to see it and isn't showing it? 

As opposed to providing a vaccination report as well as a passport? Our experience was that we needed passports and vaccination for both our kids, one of which was 11, and we had to provide this information prior to embarkation online. 

We just got off the Disney Wonder out of SD. Any questions we had for DCL that we felt better be asked on the phone, we had to wait sometimes up to 4 hours. Normally what we'd do is call in the morning and then put the phone away and come back to it within the last hour. Not kidding. 

Thank you as well for responding.

We did confirm that for the children a birth certificate will suffice and the adults all have passports.  

Very interesting approach to getting a hold of them and not waiting on the phone for four hours.

Keith

Keith, I’ve been trying to reach DCL by phone off and on for a few months. Unbelievable wait times of 3-4 hours. I have a bit of time still before we can cancel without penalty our September 2022 reservation on the new ship, the Wish, so will keep trying but I’m not going to wait that long if I don’t have to. 

Made this reservation with great anticipation in May of 2021 when they first opened up and when I believed vaccines were going to save our future cruising experience and plans. This cruise is suppose to be for our twin grands 4th birthday. But they will have to wear masks in all the kids club activities per Disney. Ugh, feels like child abuse so we are going to cancel. We have planned an all inclusive land based family vacation instead.