Venice Port changed to Ravenna for 2022 sailings

CC71

58 minutes ago, Medeba said:

We are on 6 October Journey cruise.  My TA contacted Azamara last week about the changes to this cruise (and the next one) and was told that changes were being 'firmed up' and that we would hear something once that was done.  Currently on my Azamara account, 6 October is showing the new itinerary but no access to the reservation and the following cruise is shown as cancelled.  

So they are telling your agent that the Oct 17 cruise ia being firmed up but in your account they are showing it as cancelled??

2 hours ago, coronalady said:

So they are telling your agent that the Oct 17 cruise ia being firmed up but in your account they are showing it as cancelled??

Yes, that's right!  I'm hoping by 'firming up' that it means a change from an 11 night to a 10 night cruise.🤞🏼

Well we have a flight out of Venice at 11:30am with zero flights available for later in the day so my options are..

1.  change my flight to the next day (fare has increased by $$$ since we booked) and have to find a hotel  for the night

2.  hire a private driver for €400 (hoping he will get us there quicker)

3.  just risk Azamara transfer will get us there in time 

I think Azamara should pay for #1 and #2 for sure !!!!!!

11 hours ago, Piaa said:

just risk Azamara transfer will get us there in time

Having experienced how efficiently Azamara crew handle Azamazing nights, when almost the entire guest list moves on buses, we can all be confident that they'll ensure people are delivered to the airport well before time. I'd imagine that quite a number of guests will have flights arranged for 11.00am - 1.00pm departure. They have committed to providing transfers and have requested everyone provide their flight times; so they'll know what numbers have to be accommodated for different disembarkation times.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 3:25 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was told it was on Santa Lucia Railway Station steps , I told the chap in USA that it’s a big area teeming with people .and  NOT Tronchetto coach station , but I think he is wrong .  waterbus stop, it’s piazza Roma . Far better if they had identified a. 

Waterbus stop .is it TRONCHETTO or FERROVIA  which is the Station , 

very poor , be a miracle if folk connect with coach . It’s Trumpy tours coach 

i thinl

k.

On 4/11/2022 at 9:52 PM, Piaa said:

Well we have a flight out of Venice at 11:30am with zero flights available for later in the day so my options are..

1.  change my flight to the next day (fare has increased by $$$ since we booked) and have to find a hotel  for the night

2.  hire a private driver for €400 (hoping he will get us there quicker)

3.  just risk Azamara transfer will get us there in time 

I think Azamara should pay for #1 and #2 for sure !!!!!!

You will need to leave ship at 5 am .

So, Azamara would NOT guarantee that we would make the flight so we have changed our reservations and now leaving the following day - certainly didn't want to be that stressed at the end of a trip so this way we can relax and prepare for the long flight.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Piaa said:

So, Azamara would NOT guarantee that we would make the flight so we have changed our reservations and now leaving the following day - certainly didn't want to be that stressed at the end of a trip so this way we can relax and prepare for the long flight.

I think that was wise.  Sometimes part of the problem can be a dependency on when local port/customs officials are available to do the formalities of clearing passengers and baggage for entry.  Even if you are walking off with your own baggage that can still be a limitation.

Edited by curmudgeon98
clarify
  • Like 1

May I share my experience regarding a transfer from Venice to Ravenna pre-cruise. I am staying in Venice the night before the cruise but thought it easier to get the transfer from the airport. I therefore telephoned customer services, as advised in the email received. I spoke to a charming agent who said that she would do whatever was needed, that I should not worry and that I would receive a further email. I was asked to allow a week' as they were rather busy, as you would expect. Just a few days later the same agent called me to say that all I had to do was go to the arrivals hall before noon at a time of my convenience, seek out the Azamara representative and they would look after me. No pre-booking of a specific transfer time necessary. This was followed up with a confirmatory email. IMHO superb service, greatly appreciated.

• Like 6

hum.  My information is there will be a bus transfer from Tronchetto at 3 different times.  Not sure which is easier to get to from a hotel in Venice, but we're planning to walk to Piazza Roma and take the people mover to Tronchetto.  I'm hoping there will be a definitive email arriving soon with more exact information, like exactly where, with a map.  I noticed Oceana is also using Ravenna.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone currently onboard Onward that made use of the Venice to Ravenna buses from Tronchetto?

Just wondering how smoothly it went and also if we are understanding the location correctly, as their information states near to Santa Lucia train station.  However looking at the map it is not, its actually at the other end of the people mover near the original cruise berths on the outer edge of the port

Can anyone confirm this please?

12 hours ago, B17 said:

Is there anyone currently onboard Onward that made use of the Venice to Ravenna buses from Tronchetto?

Just wondering how smoothly it went and also if we are understanding the location correctly, as their information states near to Santa Lucia train station.  However looking at the map it is not, its actually at the other end of the people mover near the original cruise berths on the outer edge of the port

Can anyone confirm this please?

We are on board Onward but we won’t arrive in Ravenna until 12th May where we have an overnight. I’ll let you know where it drops us on the 13th. 

6 hours ago, barneyboy said:

We are on board Onward but we won’t arrive in Ravenna until 12th May where we have an overnight. I’ll let you know where it drops us on the 13th. 

Thanks  might be a bit late for us as we get on as you get off.  Crazy thing is we are doing a pre stay hotel so want picking up as close to Piazalla Roma as possible, which is their main bus station. so you would have thought they would do a coach pick up from there.  Also on the way back we require a drop off at or near to airport.  They couldnt book us different legs

Their current system can only cope with a return to same point so our return will have to be sorted once on board. but still confused by the pick up point

4 hours ago, B17 said:

Thanks  might be a bit late for us as we get on as you get off.  Crazy thing is we are doing a pre stay hotel so want picking up as close to Piazalla Roma as possible, which is their main bus station. so you would have thought they would do a coach pick up from there.  Also on the way back we require a drop off at or near to airport.  They couldnt book us different legs

Their current system can only cope with a return to same point so our return will have to be sorted once on board. but still confused by the pick up point

My understanding is that Pl Roma is only used for for scheduled municipal and regional bus routes; there is not room for tour buses or other usage such as Azamara shuttles which are pushed out to Tronchetto.  There is the "People Mover" tram from Pl Roma to Tronchetto, or alternatively the vaporetto #2 line has a stop at Tronchetto.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:08 PM, hodoc said:

My August 6 cruise on Journey now shows the final port as Venice and not Ravenna.

Has anyone heard from Azamara 

We have just booked this cruise and are flying out of Bologna.  It is closer than Venice (where we have been several times) and is a beautiful place to visit.  We are staying there for two days but our travelling companions are flying home the first evening.

I think that the one hour rail trip costs 13 Euros but, for convenience, the five of us have arranged a more expensive door-to-door transfer.

On 5/5/2022 at 6:34 PM, Mrs Miggins said:

Saga Spirit of Adventure currently in Marghera Port.  Quest was due there on cruise which finished on Sunday - but we were in Ravenna.  Perhaps negotiations are ongoing. 

Costa, MSC and Viking are all in Marghera today.

1 hour ago, oddjob16 said:

Costa, MSC and Viking are all in Marghera today.

Obviously Azamara's negotiations were unsuccessful.  It seems that Ravenna is shown on the remainder of the 2022 voyages but Venice is mentioned again in 2023.

2 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

Obviously Azamara's negotiations were unsuccessful.  It seems that Ravenna is shown on the remainder of the 2022 voyages but Venice is mentioned again in 2023.

Spoke with Captain Carl and the promised 10 ship cruise dock at Marghera has not materialised, the ships mentioned are at Fusina ferry terminal. If you look at pictures of it there is a limited cruise ship capacity possibly 3 or 4 and probably taken by those with ships on a regular schedule throughout the year.

Next year is undecided Marghera if it’s built or possibly Trieste or Ravenna, our October 2023 cruise starts in Venice so we won’t be making too many advance plans just yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know, where exactly on the Tronchetto island the bus is leaving from?

And is it correct that you just have to show up? When they changed the port, we signed up for transportation via the Surveymonkey form, but we never received any confirmation, or further instructions.

We are leaving on saturday 😄 

Skærmbillede 2022-05-19 kl. 19.39.38.png

I hope you get a definitive answer.   6 of us will be trying to find the bus on June 11.  No answer to an email sent weeks ago (surprise).  I don't know how they would know who is turning up when without further information from us, like what time will you be at the bus.  I want to know EXACTLY where the bus will be.  Outside a bus terminal?  In a bus terminal?   How about an email with a map?  Tronchetoo is a large area and very busy.  Please let us know how the transfer goes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgadk87 said:

Does anyone know, where exactly on the Tronchetto island the bus is leaving from?

And is it correct that you just have to show up? When they changed the port, we signed up for transportation via the Surveymonkey form, but we never received any confirmation, or further instructions.

We are leaving on saturday 😄 

Skærmbillede 2022-05-19 kl. 19.39.38.png

My expectation is that the buses position on your map will be just to the right of the Tronchetto people mover station.  If you zoom in further, at least on Google maps, there is an area labeled "Parcheggio bus turistici - sosta breve".  There are some buildings with snack bars and restrooms, and a bus parking lot.  I went by today on the vaporetto; we plan to take the #2 line on Saturday, get off at Tronchetto stop, and walk along to the entrance to the bus lot by the people mover station.

Oh, and we didn't get specific confirmation either, just the general location and time email

Edited by curmudgeon98
add note about confirmation