Question about FJ for 5 on Panorama

JillK

Hi all.

We are considering booking an Oceanview FJ for 5 on the Panorama. Our TA site says it can accommodate 5 but Carnival's site is only showing 4 so that is one area of confusion. 

Ideally we would book two cabins but for some odd reason my husband qualifies for fantastic passenger deals that I don't and we find it difficult to justify spending 60% more for one cabin over the other when we both have the same days sailed, loyalty, etc.

So assuming it's possible, we are looking at cramming all of us (hubby, myself and kids 10, 12 & 16) into the Family Habor Oceanview and are wondering how the fifth bed works? I assume it is either a trundle bed that comes out of the sofa or a cot that is brought in but can anyone confirm? Also, if there is only one room service a day (which I am ok with) how does this work if we have a bed that will occupy the walking space in the cabin -- will we be able to stow the fifth bed on our own or will we need to trample over it the entire cruise? 

We are hopeful that we can make the cramped space work by using the Family Harbor lounge or other areas of the ship extensively as we don't generally spend a lot of time in the cabin but also don't want to be in a situation where we are ready to kill one another by the end of the week! 

Thanks for the input! 

I will say that we have never stayed in this cabin category... but when looking at them on youtube videos, it appears at least some of them have the 2 Twin/1 King bed, the sofa bed, and 2 pullman beds (one over the sofa and one over the bed).  This would actually not eat up any of your floor space.  You would definitely need to confirm this information, but there are several youtube videos for this category.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twebster74 said:

I will say that we have never stayed in this cabin category... but when looking at them on youtube videos, it appears at least some of them have the 2 Twin/1 King bed, the sofa bed, and 2 pullman beds (one over the sofa and one over the bed).  This would actually not eat up any of your floor space.  You would definitely need to confirm this information, but there are several youtube videos for this category.

The only video I could find for Panorama was the suite where the fifth bed was a trundle... I did find a good video of the 5 beds deployed on the Horizon so will assume it will be similar configuration - Thanks! 

It's been a while since we've cruised Carnival and will be our first bringing the kids along. Really looking forward to introducing them to the brand- I think they'll enjoy it (they are used to NCL where we've been taking advantages of Kids Sail Free).

I went in and Google searched our exact room number and a few sites had pictures with the room set up with all the beds. You just ahve to click on each link and scroll through.

We are also staying in an Oceanview FH room with 5 people. However, we have a 16yo, 8yo, and 5yo so the 5yo will sleep in king size with us and the other two will need a bed each. I'm most excited about 2 bathrooms! Hope this helps.

• Like 1