What's Hamilton like "post Covid?"

meglet

OK, or during endemic and not pandemic or whatever. (Don't want to jinx this.) We cruised to Bermuda in August, but never made it into Hamilton.  Have many stores or restaurants closed?  Any particular shortages anyone noticed?  We were thinking of doing Flanagan's for lunch one day or Hog Penny for dinner? Thanks in advance for any heads up as to what to expect.

Most of us do not know as there are no sailings to/through, that I Am aware of, yet to Bermuda.

They start in a few weeks.

Still a good question, regardless.

bon voyage

8 minutes ago, meglet said:

OK, or during endemic and not pandemic or whatever. (Don't want to jinx this.) We cruised to Bermuda in August, but never made it into Hamilton.  Have many stores or restaurants closed?  Any particular shortages anyone noticed?  We were thinking of doing Flanagan's for lunch one day or Hog Penny for dinner? Thanks in advance for any heads up as to what to expect.

6 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Most of us do not know as there are no sailings to/through, that I Am aware of, yet to Bermuda.

They start in a few weeks.

Still a good question, regardless.

bon voyage

Very true. I can verify though from discussions on social media that Flannigans and Hog Penny are open. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now that several ships have stopped in Bermuda, any updates?  Has Bermuda been affected by supply chain issues to the same extent?  I love poking and shopping in Hamilton for china, giftware, clothes, make up/perfumes, that are more readily available in Europe than the states.

27 minutes ago, meglet said:

Now that several ships have stopped in Bermuda, any updates?  Has Bermuda been affected by supply chain issues to the same extent?  I love poking and shopping in Hamilton for china, giftware, clothes, make up/perfumes, that are more readily available in Europe than the states.

It would be hard to imagine that Bermuda, which is so heavily reliant on imports, wouldn't be affected by supply chain issues.

As an example the latest excuse for many bus runs being cancelled (as if they needed a new excuse) is the lack of  tires (aka tyres 😊) due to delivery delays.

Now I know you're unlikely to be shopping for tyres, but I'm sure you get the idea. 😉

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

It would be hard to imagine that Bermuda, which is so heavily reliant on imports, wouldn't be affected by supply chain issues.

As an example the latest excuse for many bus runs being cancelled (as if they needed a new excuse) is the lack of  tires (aka tyres 😊) due to delivery delays.

Now I know you're unlikely to be shopping for tyres, but I'm sure you get the idea. 😉

The bus service is having a three hour shutdown today from 10 to 1 on a day when two cruise ships are docked so staff can discuss improving service.  EEK. 

Edited by Charles4515

17 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The bus service is having a three hour shutdown today from 10 to 1 on a day when two cruise ships are docked so staff can discuss improving service.  EEK. 

Yes, I saw that. For years we regularly rode the buses in Bermuda.  In recent years we've avoided them whenever possible. It's a broken system with a toxic labor union-management relationship.

• Like 1