New Belize Cruise Port

slavens_09

As most of you probably know, there is a new cruise port under construction in Belize. I believe it was supposed to be completed this spring, however that completion date was set prior to covid.

Has anyone heard any news on when this new port is expected to be completed? It will be nice to not have to water shuttle straight from the ship to the main land. (will still have to shuttle to the mainland form the new port though).

Saw this construction on Carnival Pride last week and wondered why I had not seen anything on this project and am wondering same issues you bring up.  Hope someone will supply more info on this project.

Are you talking about Port Coral?  I think it's 4 miles from Belize City.  And yes ships will be able to dock there.  But still need to take a tender ride to North Drowned Caye  then vehicular transportation  across the causeway.  

11 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Are you talking about Port Coral?  I think it's 4 miles from Belize City.  And yes ships will be able to dock there.  But still need to take a tender ride to North Drowned Caye  then vehicular transportation  across the causeway.  

Yes I am talking about Port Coral. Yes you’ll still have to shuttle to the mainland but you won’t have to do it directly from the ship which will be nice, in addition to having access to beaches and shopping without even having to ride a water shuttle at all.

I went to Belize on the Glory in Nov. and could see it partially completed but it didn’t look like any construction was currently happening.

Just trying to see if anyone has any updated info on when it might be completed.

I’ll be back to Belize City first week of June on the Glory so I’ll get an updated look then and see if any progress has been made.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 11:23 AM, brooker said:

when we were there 2 weeks ago, we were told it was several years out.  

That's what they said to us last week as well. The dock part is being worked on, but they didn't seem to have a real time line on the bridges between that island and Belize City. Things were so far behind!