Alchohol in Room?

You can have drinks in your cabin/balcony...anywhere on the ship. you might be confused because there is always a big discussion about bring your own alcohol an board..which RCI says is not allowed, but many insist they do it...hope that helps.;) Congratulations.:)

Sure, or you can bring it back with you...RCI just wants you to buy it fromthem...I guess they are there to make $$;) . Some people are very persistant that they will and do bring their own booze..(just look thru a few pages of thread titles and you will find many on this subject) I dont..I just (try) to follow the rules. So to each his own...but,yes, room service, or the bar...whichever. (IF ya order room service remember to tip;) )

You can order from room service or bring it back from the bars. The "rule" (loosely enforced) is that you can't bring your own alcohol onboard. A lot of people bring it on anyway and whether it will get confiscated seems to be hit and miss.

Oh... and the reason for the policy is that they seem to think they're better able to control how much people drink this way (and to make money, of course).

It's definitely a money thing. Just like you can't bring your own beer to a ball game--they make you buy $6.00 beers at the stadium. Lots of folks do bring their own. I would rather buy it there, than lug bottles around in my luggage. More room for shoes!!!!

I found a tip that was most interesting and I am going to do it. Sneak aboard a few bottles of wine. Call room service for some wine glasses each night. Pour yourself and SO a nice full glass of wine. And take it with you to the dining room. There were times that I ordered a drink and than brought it to our dinner table ( a pre dinner drink). I would rather do that than spend 9 dollars a glass of wine or 30 dollars for a horrible bottle of wine with a huge mark up. that why I have more money for foo foo drinks and massages. HELLLO!!!

Everytime this subject comes up, you are going to get a heated debate and many opinions, but the point I'll make: up until last year, RCCL had a perfectly workable solution - they would sell you a bottle for room consumption, and charge a fee (I think it was $9) for doing that. THEY chose to discontinue that option so as to increase drink sales (and profits), and as far as I'm concerned that made it fair game for booze smuggling.

Anyway, a few practical points:

1. a small amount of liquor or wine, packed discreetly in checked luggage, is never, or almost never, confiscated.

2. Once onboard, your room steward could care less is you are keeping a bottle in the room, and will accommodate your requests for glasses, extra ice, etc. Remember, they are working for your tip money, they aren't going to do anything to annoy you.

Archived