All Ocean Victory Alaska 2022 Cruises

17 hours ago, Gumpy1 said:

We are booked for the June 16-27 2023 cruise  Vancouver to Sitka.

I’m looking into flights  now. Can anyone tell me what time you actually disembark in Sitka?

There is an Alaska Air flight at 10:45  Sitka to Seattle and than onto SF. This morning flight is the most convenient.

I was told to book flights after 1:00.The next flight is 7:28 pm with double connections. UGH or stay over night in Sitka and take the 7:00am .

Should I just book the 10:45am flight and hope there will be no delays ?

thanks

Ronni

Disembarked 10 days ago in Sitka. There were no early off options.  The earliest options, around 8:30, were tours of Sitka that then dropped you at the airport. Or some dropped at a few local hotels. We took the bus ($49 each) from the port to the (very small) airport. It was scheduled to leave at 9:30 and arrive by 10:00. We were at the airport at 9:25 or so. There are no taxis waiting as in other ports. 

You actually should be fine. Our flight was at 11:56 to Seattle. TSA (very small crew) didn't even open until about 30 minutes before our flight. There were no other flights coming or going before ours. 

The bus transfer is listed in the excursions. I would go ahead and book it. You can always cancel it once on board if you have found another option.

Just remember that this port is way outside of town. I called numerous taxi companies before our trip willing to prepay if they would guarantee they would arrive. Nope! Said there aren't enough of them and they do better in town.

thanks so much for all the details.  Chances are the flight time will change between now and next June anyways!

I think we will book the AM flight. 
we are enjoying the slight breeze and slight drop in temperature in SF.