Pre-purchased Drink Package and Upgrade Bid Program

skg8

Hi All - This will be my first MSC cruise in May. I purchased a drink package for my spouse and myself a few months ago and just recently received an offer to bid on a YC room. I’d like to place a bid, but am hesitant to do so if in addition to the upgrade price  I will not have my already paid for drink package refunded. Any suggestions on canceling the drink package prior to my placing a bid?  

I’ve looked through the MSC website and haven’t found an answer to my question.  Would appreciate any sort of advice!  Thanks.  

We had the bid offer last week. It very clearly states that any services purchased before the bid is accepted will not be refunded if the bid is successful therefore you would have to cancel them now if you don't want to take the risk. If your bid is not successful you could purchase the drink package onboard but it will be more expensive.

16 hours ago, skg8 said:

Thanks for your advice. As a 1st time cruiser on MSC there seems to be a lot I have to learn. 

They use the same third party bid company as NCL.  Bids on MSC fairly new.  Our one MSC trip with offer was only a couple hundred savings but later bids were about a thousand more than book direct.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:51 AM, skg8 said:

Hi All - This will be my first MSC cruise in May. I purchased a drink package for my spouse and myself a few months ago and just recently received an offer to bid on a YC room. I’d like to place a bid, but am hesitant to do so if in addition to the upgrade price  I will not have my already paid for drink package refunded. Any suggestions on canceling the drink package prior to my placing a bid?  

I’ve looked through the MSC website and haven’t found an answer to my question.  Would appreciate any sort of advice!  Thanks.  

So you purchased the premium package?

YC comes with it so factor that in if you bid.

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So you purchased the premium package?

YC comes with it so factor that in if you bid.

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We don’t drink alcohol so I just purchased the non-alcoholic drink package. It is still $350 for our cruise. That is good information to take into account. Thanks!