Cheers, I am buying but . . .

Woody14

38 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Can never understand the logic behind I will be in port(s). Most ports/itineraries you are back ON the ship by 3 or 4. That’s gives you 7 hours to drink. Having 1 drink an hour is fairly easy to do.

Plus start the day with a couple of Mimosas or Baileys and Coffee or Spiked Coffee from the coffee shop.

I agree.  I think it is because people have the '15' thing stuck in their head which has nothing to do with being cost effective.  Even if I don't start drinking until 5pm I would have 7-8 drinks before going to bed.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ray98 said:

I agree.  I think it is because people have the '15' thing stuck in their head which has nothing to do with being cost effective.  Even if I don't start drinking until 5pm I would have 7-8 drinks before going to bed.

Most cruises I have 2 Baileys and Coffee to start the day. That’s about $16 right there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody14 said:

You get a print out of all the drinks you consumed?

The printout does not list the specific drink but it listed all of the transaction times at each venue over our stay up til they printed my account that they leave on your door the last night. I.e. two Bloody Mary at the red frog at 09:32.  

Not the biggest fan of a limited alcohol drink package.  Plus, if one of the stops is Half Moon Cay, Carnival, for some reason, doesn't honor the Cheers package.  So, that means one has to spend more than the Cheers package purchase if they want drinks.  Plus, there's something liberating about buying a bucket of beer.  

10 minutes ago, jerseyjjs said:

Not the biggest fan of a limited alcohol drink package.  Plus, if one of the stops is Half Moon Cay, Carnival, for some reason, doesn't honor the Cheers package.  So, that means one has to spend more than the Cheers package purchase if they want drinks.  Plus, there's something liberating about buying a bucket of beer.  

Reverse smuggling would help here 😄 . Lame that they don't do it at HMC. They have no trouble tallying how much you buy there. A simple stipulation that if you go over your 15 while at HMC you will be billed for the excess. It's all about squeezing even more out of you! 

3 hours ago, tntinftw said:

We're getting the Cheers program on our Western European cruise this September, but only because it cost us another $70 total for using the special fare over the one we previously booked at.  We're not big drinkers anymore, but we will recoup the difference in specialty coffees alone.

Did the same for our B2B over Christmas. The package cost us $210.00 for the two weeks, well worth it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Quick and easy HMC hack...last cruise we would stockpile some beer (they gave it to us unopened) in our fridge and then when HMC day came we asked our room steward for some ice and he filled our carnival branded soft sided cooler. Idk how I didn't think of it earlier tbh.