Perks Guarantee not honored

mikewomb

The perks for our Alaska cruise changed. I submitted the request to have them added to our reservation. This was their response.

Good Morning,
Thank you for your interest in the Best Price Guarantee Program. Unfortunately we are unable to fulfill your request as the Elevate package can only be added to a booking prior to your final payment date.

I have the standard drink package, $100 OBC, and basic internet, gratuities It was booked Feb 10, 2022. It was booked with a FCC fram a cancelled cruise as due to covid we were not ready to go cruising in February as scheduled.

Edited by mikewomb

So the price didn't go down. Rather, extra perks with the price you paid are now included. Technically, that isn't a price reduction. However, you might be able to have them added if you use the chat feature from the Celebrity.com website. There you can communicate directly in real time with a client service representative who can add them in as goodwill. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If I am understanding correctly, you booked with AI but did not choose to add the.  Elevate package when you booked.  If your cruise fare has dropped you should be able to get some OBC based on the lower fare but  Elevate needs to be purchased when you book so I don’t think you will get it now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikewomb said:

We are sailing May 6th. Final payment has been made, and we want the better perks which celebrity says in their ads

Is the fare the same now as when you booked ?  Is the only difference the perks?

I made final payment for my May 27 cruise earlier this week.  The rep could update my account to provide the elevate, but only because I had NOT yet made final payment.  It cost me $40 extra to get premium bev and $300 OBC.  No brainer!  BUT it did take a supervisor to make the change.  I had booked directly with Celebrity and was working with a Celebrity vacation planner.  It may have helped that I booked two more rooms on the same cruise when I called to make that final payment.... but I know she had to send it to her supervisor to have the change applied.  She could not do it herself. 

Keep in mind, you are not comparing like with like.  The offer is different than when you booked.  

My guess is that tomorrow (April 1) we will see a different price and offer, and if it is less than what you paid, but for the same exact offer, they will then give you the OBC in difference.

I paid extra for the Elevate package and 2 days later (within 48 hours) it was included in the fare.  When all was calculated, the difference was juts $50, but they did add it as an OBC. It took a phone call, but I get a free manicure!  💅 🤩😂      

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

I was waiting to see what the new offer is. We are two more cruises booked in the Haven this year..this one is an aqua class. Thanks. 

The Haven is NCL?  Did you mean the retreat? My guess your fare has also increased to get that extra perk. You should be able to have them refare it and get that extra upgrade if it's worth it. If I understand correctly, that's just a sale going on, get the elevate package "free".  But it's at today's prices. Not February's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikewomb said:

I was waiting to see what the new offer is. We are two more cruises booked in the Haven this year..this one is an aqua class. Thanks. 

SORRY…IT IS THE RETREAT…DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING. 

1 hour ago, whitshel said:

The Haven is NCL?  Did you mean the retreat? My guess your fare has also increased to get that extra perk. You should be able to have them refare it and get that extra upgrade if it's worth it. If I understand correctly, that's just a sale going on, get the elevate package "free".  But it's at today's prices. Not February's. 

I meant the Retreat… the Haven is nice…sorry 

So if you have read the Best Price guarantee terms and you qualify did you submit the form.  If the fare has increased now to get the extra perks you would pay the increase but it still might be worth it. 

here is the link to the terms and the form.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/best-price-guarantee

I submitted the form and finally received an email that said it was not offered after final payment. That is contrary to what they advertise..perks or price change within 48 hours ..I will just wait until the new promotion tomorrow. I have read here where people did get the perks adjusted. Not worth too much time, but they could be consistent.