Europe---Could It Be True???

jwlane

I would not be surprised if the EU dropped testing requirements this summer. Countries like Norway, England, Ireland and Iceland have already done so making it easier to travel there. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Anyone else notice the "Be ready to board" section on check-in has changed?  The only requirement---Review our health and safety protocols.  Pre-Cruise testing NOT mentioned.

I do hope that could be right, but my check in for May 2nd cruise still has this notice 

Health and safety protocols for this cruise have not been announced. We anticipate both vaccination and testing requirements and encourage vaccine boosters.

Noticed the same for our April 21 Silhouette -  I suspect they will have a new set of Travel Requirements for European Sailings in the next week or so.    I suspect they will have to have a matrix of Departure, Ports and Destination with varying regulations.   Lots can happen in 3 weeks as the summer travel season begins.

At least we are on a B3B and will be tested the day prior to turnaround in Southampton as we have stops in Franc and Spain.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Mine are May 7 & 14 on Silly.

I'm on the 3 cruises before you and will be live posting so will try to let others know what's happening in real time.    We have no idea what to expect but just playing it by ear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Oh that would be soooooo so nice. I had covid in December so I *shouldn't* test positive, but now I'm a little paranoid to catch it again and then test positive pre-cruise even if recovered. I don't qualify for a PCR test so can't get the certificate of recovery if needed...frustrating.

Edited by sydbarrett

On 3/31/2022 at 7:49 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Noticed the same for our April 21 Silhouette -  I suspect they will have a new set of Travel Requirements for European Sailings in the next week or so.    I suspect they will have to have a matrix of Departure, Ports and Destination with varying regulations.   Lots can happen in 3 weeks as the summer travel season begins.

At least we are on a B3B and will be tested the day prior to turnaround in Southampton as we have stops in Franc and Spain.  

Jim_Iain, are you going to a “Live From” on your B3B?  Sure hope so...enjoy following your adventures!