Northern Lights: Departing Bergen

rbslos18

9 hours ago, zalusky said:

Do the windows fog up on these cold itineraries especially in the cabin with warm air vs the cold outside air or are they double/triple pained enough to avoid the problem.

No issues at all anywhere on the ship.  I did have trouble off the ship - glasses, masks and low temperatures don’t go!)

Get an anti-fog cloth.  Try local opticians or Amazon. I have an AB mask, reusable up to 1000 times and it lasts for approx 48hrs each use. Wash and dry glasses,  breathe to fog each lens and wipe each lens before fog disappears. Currently £5.48 on Amazon UK.

2 hours ago, Strangford said:

Get an anti-fog cloth.  Try local opticians or Amazon. I have an AB mask, reusable up to 1000 times and it lasts for approx 48hrs each use. Wash and dry glasses,  breathe to fog each lens and wipe each lens before fog disappears. Currently £5.48 on Amazon UK.

Thanks

I did explore that route earlier in lockdown but my optician said no because of the type of lens coating I had. We managed and when I change glasses in the future I will be more picky about coatings they sell me. 

20 hours ago, rbslos18 said:

I would appreciate advice on whether to choose a port or starboard cabin for this cruise. Or does it not matter. We will be on the 1/31/23 cruise.

Thanks

Depends on whether or not you want to face the port when docked.  On our Bergen to Tilbury NL cruise in January, the ship docked on the starboard side for most stops.  We had a starboard cabin and probably would have chosen the port side for a little more privacy when docked.  When out at sea, it didn't really matter - beautiful scenery from both sides. Plus, as mentioned, the best views are outside the cabin (for example, in the Explorer's Lounge).

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 12:26 PM, rbslos18 said:

I would appreciate advice on whether to choose a port or starboard cabin for this cruise. Or does it not matter. We will be on the 1/31/23 cruise.

Thanks

You can always go along with the origin of the word POSH.  Traveling from England to India before the Suez Canal, those wealth enough would book cabins leaving England on the port side to avoid the hot sun during the day and allow them to see the shore line.  Then on the way back, book a cabin on the starboard side for the same reasons.  Hence, port out, starboard home (POSH), 

• 4 weeks later...