Don't like newly released protocols - how long to get refund?

When we booked our Greece cruise for May, I was told by multiple agents and my RCCL CVP that once the protocols are announced you have 30 days to say you don't like them and can request a refund of deposit (even Non-refundable).  My protocols aren't announced yet, but has anyone requested a refund for this reason and how long does it take to get the refund?

My understanding is there will be a cancellation policy when new protocols are announced.  They may not offer a full refund and only offer FCC instead.  I also don’t think it’s a matter of “not liking” the protocols, but not being able to adhere to them.

3 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

My understanding is there will be a cancellation policy when new protocols are announced.  They may not offer a full refund and only offer FCC instead.  I also don’t think it’s a matter of “not liking” the protocols, but not being able to adhere to them.

The words they used are that we could "not agree" to the new protocols.  The cancellation policy is what they told me when I booked.

52 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The words they used are that we could "not agree" to the new protocols.  The cancellation policy is what they told me when I booked.

What if there arent new protocols released before your cruise? 

Cwc gone the end of march. Idk but good luck. 

• Like 2

The phone reps have consistently given me incorrect info during the booking process.  I wouldn’t depend on what they’ve told you.  My understanding is that currently you can cancel up to  48 hours prior to sailing and get a fcc for one year, but you can try to contact ex to see if they will honor what you’ve been told.  

Edited by kitkat343