Confinement to cabin FCC?

Tikka234

Hi I read under our booking terms of you get confined to cabin due to positive covid  test you get FFC for the days your

Isolating to use on as new future booking.My question is does anyone know if this applies if you have to isolate as a close contact?I

Thank you

Hi Tikka

I had to isolate as a close contact on the Azura transatlantic, and yes, I got 5 days FCC, husband who had to do the full isolation period got 10 days FCC.

Let's hope you don't ever incur it - it wasn't a good experience !

9 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

Hi Tikka

I had to isolate as a close contact on the Azura transatlantic, and yes, I got 5 days FCC, husband who had to do the full isolation period got 10 days FCC.

Let's hope you don't ever incur it - it wasn't a good experience !

Thank you for your reply sorry your holiday was spoilt hope you will soon enjoy another cruise. 

4 hours ago, Tablelamp said:

Isolating in your cabin must be a huge relief for those people who are not prepared to cruise in case they are forced to disembark when it is not medically necessary.

It’s better than having to disembark, certainly, but it’s not in your booked cabin, and partners are often split up so still not ideal! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

It’s better than having to disembark, certainly, but it’s not in your booked cabin, and partners are often split up so still not ideal! 

If we are moving to only 5% quarantine cabins the chances of staying in your own one would seem quite high.  Fine in a balcony, suite or even an outside but prospective hell in an inside ...

• Like 1

Yes, we were in separate cabins, but we were lucky to be able to see each other, Dave on D deck, me above and to the left on C deck.  When we were on our balconies, we could see that so many of the cabins on our side were occupied!

Two guys doing a welfare check knocked on the doors of the two inside cabins opposite mine - so they were being used too.

Three days home, and we are still suffering the ill effects of our incarceration, both Dave's enforced 10 days and my enforced 5 days and my self-inflicted 5 days- due to the horrible attitude and comments of some fellow cruisers!

3 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Yes, we were in separate cabins, but we were lucky to be able to see each other, Dave on D deck, me above and to the left on C deck.  When we were on our balconies, we could see that so many of the cabins on our side were occupied!

Two guys doing a welfare check knocked on the doors of the two inside cabins opposite mine - so they were being used too.

Three days home, and we are still suffering the ill effects of our incarceration, both Dave's enforced 10 days and my enforced 5 days and my self-inflicted 5 days- due to the horrible attitude and comments of some fellow cruisers!

What do you mean when you say comments from fellow cruisers?

"These f***ing Covid Carriers have ruined my cruise" (when it was  announced that both port stops were cancelled)

"If I think I've got it, no way am I going to tell the medical centre - I'm not isolating"

to name but a couple- (some of them were worse, and not for this forum).

and worst of all, people abandoning food/conversations etc with you when they discovered that you had been confined as a close contact. 

Maybe P&O should have issued those of us who were isolated for 5 days and still tested negative with a big bell we could have rung and shouted "unclean". wherever we went.

I was so disappointed with my fellow passengers, hence staying in my cabin!

You had to be there to believe it.

Some fellow passengers however, mostly those like us who did the preceding cruise, were simply lovely.

Jules

15 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

"These f***ing Covid Carriers have ruined my cruise" (when it was  announced that both port stops were cancelled)

"If I think I've got it, no way am I going to tell the medical centre - I'm not isolating"

and worst of all, people abandoning food/conversations etc with you when they discovered that you had been confined as a close contact. 

Maybe P&O should have issued those of us who were isolated for 5 days and still tested negative with a big bell we could have rung and shouted "unclean". wherever we went.

Some fellow passengers however, mostly those like us who did the preceding cruise, were simply lovely.

Jules

Disgusting!!!

18 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Jules

It was exactly the same on Aurora Jules  the ones that were honest and got tested and were positive got treated worse than animals locked in inside cabins for days before isolation cabins became available whilst many were openly saying they knew they had it but not going to tell anyone and like you say you had to be there to believe it

I'm afraid that we live amongst some pretty vile people nowadays and must be prepared for these selfish a...h....s. I'm afraid an awful lot of the public are so wrapped up in their own importance and the me first attitude that they have lost all sense of common decency!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mollag said:

It was exactly the same on Aurora Jules  the ones that were honest and got tested and were positive got treated worse than animals locked in inside cabins for days before isolation cabins became available whilst many were openly saying they knew they had it but not going to tell anyone and like you say you had to be there to believe it

I’m so sorry to hear that. When you say locked, I take it that you mean locked from the inside? 

26 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Yes, moved to isolation cabins, but not given a cruise card/door key.

Always my fear that when putting the room service tray outside after my meals, the door would slam.

The corridors were empty....

So they don’t trust people to stay put? 

13 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I’m so sorry to hear that. When you say locked, I take it that you mean locked from the inside? 

Maybe not locked but not allowed out of inside cabins for several days as quarantining until balcony cabins became available no exercise or fresh air during this time

• Like 1

Question,  when you are isolated , is the cabin type you're given in anyway related to the cabin you have. I have what I suppose is a form of claustrophobia,  in that I just cannot be in a room with no windows for long, doesnt matter the size. I must have curtains at least slightly open to sleep. 

I would treat being confined to an inside cabin as TORTURE

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

Question,  when you are isolated , is the cabin type you're given in anyway related to the cabin you have. I have what I suppose is a form of claustrophobia,  in that I just cannot be in a room with no windows for long, doesnt matter the size. I must have curtains at least slightly open to sleep. 

I would treat being confined to an inside cabin as TORTURE

The isolation cabins are were balconies on Aurora unfortunately they had nowhere near enough of them and passengers were forced to stay in their own cabins for several days some of which were insides and they weren’t let out for fresh air or exercise at all 

1 hour ago, Mollag said:

The isolation cabins are were balconies on Aurora unfortunately they had nowhere near enough of them and passengers were forced to stay in their own cabins for several days some of which were insides and they weren’t let out for fresh air or exercise at all 

Staying in own cabin would be more acceptable than being moved from balcony to inside. Which I  would refuse on "medical" grounds

On 4/3/2022 at 2:55 PM, Megabear2 said:

If we are moving to only 5% quarantine cabins the chances of staying in your own one would seem quite high.  Fine in a balcony, suite or even an outside but prospective hell in an inside ...

I’d find it absolute hell even in a suite. I’d be climbing the walls after 24 hours!

Our original cabin was C103, our isolation cabins were D726 for Dave's 10 days (upgrade to a mini suite) and C726 for mine. When the doctor called us with our PCR results, he said that he's try and get us into cabins where we could at least speak to each other over the balcony - and I am so thankful that he did, but I do wish I had tested positive as well.

Have said on another thread, but will say again here that everyone was fantastic;  daily calls from the medical centre, free room service from the main restaurant or the room service menu, numerous welfare phone calls from reception/loyalty desk, a jigsaw, fruit bowl, free  alcohol (honestly), and we were delivered flowers from customer services for our wedding anniversary and a bottle of champagne each from the glasshouse.  Spent the last morning of our cruise doing the rounds and thanking people.

But yes, the separation was heartbreakingly unbearable - I was climbing the walls - it was 10 steps from the door to the sliding balcony doors and 20 around the balcony - most days I managed, with some forays into the walk-in wardrobe 3,500 steps!  I read three books on my kindle, watched a few films, ate my meals looking at my own reflection and drank gin!  Have to say its had quite an effect on us both mentally, and though we've been home 5 days, we both have that vertigo/ship still moving feeling.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Our original cabin was C103, our isolation cabins were D726 for Dave's 10 days (upgrade to a mini suite) and C726 for mine. When the doctor called us with our PCR results, he said that he's try and get us into cabins where we could at least speak to each other over the balcony - and I am so thankful that he did, but I do wish I had tested positive as well.

Have said on another thread, but will say again here that everyone was fantastic;  daily calls from the medical centre, free room service from the main restaurant or the room service menu, numerous welfare phone calls from reception/loyalty desk, a jigsaw, fruit bowl, free  alcohol (honestly), and we were delivered flowers from customer services for our wedding anniversary and a bottle of champagne each from the glasshouse.  Spent the last morning of our cruise doing the rounds and thanking people.

But yes, the separation was heartbreakingly unbearable - I was climbing the walls - it was 10 steps from the door to the sliding balcony doors and 20 around the balcony - most days I managed, with some forays into the walk-in wardrobe 3,500 steps!  I read three books on my kindle, watched a few films, ate my meals looking at my own reflection and drank gin!  Have to say its had quite an effect on us both mentally, and though we've been home 5 days, we both have that vertigo/ship still moving feeling.

It sounds as though you made the best of a bad job, but I have to say that I don’t feel inclined to go on a cruise ship again until the risk of cabin quarantine (even if it’s in your booked cabin) has passed. I would be bored rigid and I fear that one experience like that would put me off cruising forever. I’m not at all surprised to hear that experiences such as this can affect peoples mental health

5 hours ago, Ardennais said:

It could get even messier if children/under 18s are part of a family group, and say both parents test positive. 

Yes, that crossed my mind too especially as we were told by Reception that the next cruise from ours had 2000 pax and 300 of them were children;  I do hope no-one has had to find out the hard way what it would be like!

• Like 1