Using OBC towards tour

Hi all,

We have onboard credit we will have to use for our cruise. Some will go towards gratuities, but we also want to take a tour. When you book them online, it seems to charge your credit card like it did for the drink package.

How can we use our OBC towards this purchase? 

27 minutes ago, Florida32 said:

Hi all,

We have onboard credit we will have to use for our cruise. Some will go towards gratuities, but we also want to take a tour. When you book them online, it seems to charge your credit card like it did for the drink package.

How can we use our OBC towards this purchase? 

Some OBC shows up in your cruise planner while other shows up on board on day 2.  You need to look at your copy of Royals booking invoice.  If it shows you have OBC then that will show up in your cruise planner.  You should see it listed at the top of the page as available and when you go to check out there is a radio button you can select to use the obc to pay for your purchase and select how much you want to use.

If you are not seeing the obc then there has been a mistake or it will not appear until you board.

If you let us know what yhe obc is from we can let you know when you should see it. 

OBC question: we have a large amount of OBC from our TA for our Ultimate Alaska cruise tour.  We have a pre-cruise land tour, then 7 night cruise, and then a post-cruise land tour.  I keep forgetting to ask the TA if we can use the OBC on the land portion or only on the cruise portion and Florida32’s question prompted me to ask here.  Any insight?

16 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Some OBC shows up in your cruise planner while other shows up on board on day 2.  You need to look at your copy of Royals booking invoice.  If it shows you have OBC then that will show up in your cruise planner.  You should see it listed at the top of the page as available and when you go to check out there is a radio button you can select to use the obc to pay for your purchase and select how much you want to use.

If you are not seeing the obc then there has been a mistake or it will not appear until you board.

If you let us know what yhe obc is from we can let you know when you should see it. 

It's not showing on the invoice the TA sent. 

2 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

OBC question: we have a large amount of OBC from our TA for our Ultimate Alaska cruise tour.  We have a pre-cruise land tour, then 7 night cruise, and then a post-cruise land tour.  I keep forgetting to ask the TA if we can use the OBC on the land portion or only on the cruise portion and Florida32’s question prompted me to ask here.  Any insight?

Cruise line provided OBC is applied first, once that is depleted they then start using the TA OBC they gave you

2 hours ago, Hoppy2cruise said:

I've never heard of OBC being able to be used on the land portion.