Hertz-Seward

LMKakaThing2

Read that Hertz offers a shuttle but you must call to get picked up. Does anyone know if the shuttle will be at the port or if we have to actually call? I know it says they’re a 1/4 mile from the port, but the driver still has issues walking after knee surgery a year ago. 

Have a car reserved just in case we go the route of a rental car. Salmon Berry tours sounds nice, but not everything on the tour interests us. The car and tour are the same price. I’m fine with having to spend extra money on things we want to see and do. 

I understand your situation, but it will take longer to walk off the ship, than a quarter mile.  Average person this would be 5 minutes.  Plus if you really need the shuttle, I don't think they would just be sitting there for you for possibly a few hours, for a 1 minute drive from their office.  I would call the local office, and ask if they would be able to pick you up at the ship and find out the process.  Most people would just walk, or in the case of my wife, drive her scooter, while I walk.  

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Can't you put 2 drivers on the car.  Then you go to Hertz and pick up the car while the person w walking issues waits at the ship for you to pick them up.

DON

I could, but that would mean an added "useless" charge just to get the car since they charge for a second driver, but they also need both drivers present with their licenses.  Also, the person who will be driving the car, is the one paying/using their credit card to secure the car.  

In 2019 the Hertz shuttle was at the dock when we got off the ship. We did not pre-arrange and there were a couple of other passengers using them also since they are the only rental car company. But if I recall I did a quick call to confirm their procedures before we left home

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gotcha3 said:

Anybody have any RECENT experience with Hertz, like since the bankruptcy? The Anchorage Hertz website is a mess, showing no cars. Is Seward the same?

Can't imagine Seward would be better than Anchorage, and Anchorage cost and availability is awful.