Norwegian Encore – Eastern Caribbean *LIVE*

BirdTravels

Bird

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these about the Encore. We were on it the first two cruises on the Encore out of Miami in late fall of 2019and really enjoyed it. We have cancelled a few cruises on it because of covid concerns but are scheduled on it for the 21 night Panama Canal cruise this fall. I really enjoyed the Choir Of Man. Saw it six times the wife only twice. And the staff was great. I ended up with a very nice Encore hat that was given to me onboard and am looking forward to getting the chance to wear it again.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:31 PM, Cruising Lynne said:

I was just on the Getaway with the same hairdryer. The concentrator on the end of the hair dryer comes off. I took it off every time I dried my hair. You should be able to put your diffuser on it if you pull off the concentrator.

That's great to know! Obviously I've never used one before and didn't realize they can come off 😂 Thank you so much for the information! 

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. If you talk to the cruise next folks, in lieu of the BTS tour, Sail and Sustain Mixology Experience, and the Wines Around the World Tasting, they will post a $50 OBC.

That being said, there was paid wine and whisky tasting. 

I guess I never noticed that platinum and above can book dining and shows at 125 days. 

On the Encore, this was the second week that they did the Dinner with the Officers. 

03CA8F51-6B24-4170-87BC-67D86697508D.thumb.jpeg.c9c2ac362cf497c1f7bb4a09c1a8309f.jpeg5BCE3F97-C954-4CA6-9D94-166F49C63A4C.thumb.jpeg.8e4c12277dea1fb910584e0fad59907a.jpeg

Thx again! And travel home safe! 

Well that’s a wrap. We traveled 2181 nautical miles on our spring break getaway calling in the Dominican Republic, US Virgin Islands, and British Virgin Islands. We looked at the Bahamas from a mile off shore. And had a wonderful time on the beautiful Norwegian Encore. 

Glad you could join The Bird on this adventure. 

8631EDCF-9BA0-4B30-AF25-29FA5563191E.thumb.jpeg.117f721a9d9eae3fad4b5e04e6055a39.jpeg

52E4948C-D989-4A1C-8435-C8D2D38D031B.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 11

ChiefmateJRK, Although not on tap, they do have Guinness in a can with the widget, and if you pour it into your glass like you would from the tap it’s just as good IMO.
I had several on the 3/20 Encore cruise.

EDE77699-5F57-402E-A2AF-86EF5472E6AE.jpeg

Edited by justhappy

2 hours ago, justhappy said:

ChiefmateJRK, Although not on tap, they do have Guinness in a can with the widget, and if you pour it into your glass like you would from the tap it’s just as good IMO.
I had several on the 3/20 Encore cruise.

EDE77699-5F57-402E-A2AF-86EF5472E6AE.jpeg

Thanks!!  That is GREAT news!  They didn't have it in October.  I'll be on her again in May and looking for that great, black stout.  😎

• Like 1

Purpose-built for Alaska, the Encore has heated pools and water slides. And there are heaters above out door eating areas to keep passengers warm and cozy on cool Alaskan days. (Black ceramic heater bars in picture). 

This is in addition to the Observation Lounge that take up 1/3 of Deck 15 to provide climate controlled viewing of the beauty outside. 

35AD7265-3783-4D19-A50E-B342F54BC720.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Purpose-built for Alaska, the Encore has heated pools and water slides. And there are heaters above out door eating areas to keep passengers warm and cozy on cool Alaskan days. (Black ceramic heater bars in picture). 

This is in addition to the Observation Lounge that take up 1/3 of Deck 15 to provide climate controlled viewing of the beauty outside. 

Where to next? Thx again Bird😍

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This makes me happy! Will be on this ship in a little over 30 days for Alaska. Seen mixed comments about if the pool and slide are heated. We did not book Haven.

2 hours ago, Katarae said:

This makes me happy! Will be on this ship in a little over 30 days for Alaska. Seen mixed comments about if the pool and slide are heated. We did not book Haven.

The pools are heated. 

Now, "heated" is not bath water or jacuzzi water temperatures. They take the 30 degree - 40 degree ocean water and heat it to something in the 70s-80s. Similar to the water temperatures on a Caribbean cruise (the water this week was in the high 70's... which is still cool when you jump in). So, rather than doing a Polar Bear Plunge, you are doing pool water. 

• Like 1