Short Review of Rotterdam Southern Caribbean - March 20-27, 2022 - Disappointed

Roz

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

There is a big difference between 60% full like you had and sold out like we had. I don't think HAL was prepared for a sold out ship, we also heard that some of the crew was transferred from the Eurodam.

We sailed on the Caribbean Princess in November and again in December, both times the ship was at 50% capacity and both cruises were great with outstanding service. 

BTW I couldn't open up your review.

Hi, MISTER 67,

When I click on my review, I get a small popup in the upper left corner of my desktop saying "Downloading" then "open file".

On 4/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yeah the vista suites for sure are underwhelming.  I took a reasonable upsell for one in November.  I took a pass on one in March.  There is very little difference in the balcony and vistas.

We felt ripped off by our “upgrade” to a vista suite.   As a quad it was barely functional.  I think the stubby wall between the couch and the bed is the only difference from the regular veranda.  The shower was nice though.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aj101 said:

We felt ripped off by our “upgrade” to a vista suite.   As a quad it was barely functional.  I think the stubby wall between the couch and the bed is the only difference from the regular veranda.  The shower was nice though.

I didn’t notice any difference in the shower myself.  I had a way bigger balcony in my balcony room too!  Live and learn I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Hi, MISTER 67,

When I click on my review, I get a small popup in the upper left corner of my desktop saying "Downloading" then "open file".

I get that also but still can't open it.

10 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Well, that is it. I am out of suggestions. However, I did post the review on Cruise Critic under the ship review section. It was around review number 10, JEH10641.

Jim

I can open it but I’m on my iPad.  I picked view instead of download.

11 minutes ago, jeh10641 said:

Well, that is it. I am out of suggestions. However, I did post the review on Cruise Critic under the ship review section. It was around review number 10, JEH10641.

Jim

I was able to download it.  It landed in my download files.  It is a word doc and I am using an ipad .

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

Yeah the vista suites for sure are underwhelming.  I took a reasonable upsell for one in November.  I took a pass on one in March.  There is very little difference in the balcony and vistas.

We just got off the Rotterdam (4/10) actually this morning! We had a vista suite for FOUR of us. Two adults, two teenage boys. I felt like I was in a submarine. 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Aj101 said:

We just got off the Rotterdam with 4 in a room. To say it was tight is an understatement! On day 2 I told the room stewards not to pull out the sofa bed. I just did it when everyone was going to bed and after everyone had used the bathroom! You take you life (and shins) in your own hands trying to navigate to the bathroom with the sofa bed out. Then the drop down bed made the queen bed very claustrophobic - I could not sleep underneath it so I slept in one direction and my husband the other. We were like the grandparents on Willy Wonka. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I didn’t notice any difference in the shower myself.  I had a way bigger balcony in my balcony room too!  Live and learn I guess.

My sil had corner balcony room by the lifeboat.  It a huge and much less than what we paid…LOL

• Like 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, kentuckycruiser said:

We just got off the Rotterdam with 4 in a room. To say it was tight is an understatement! On day 2 I told the room stewards not to pull out the sofa bed. I just did it when everyone was going to bed and after everyone had used the bathroom! You take you life (and shins) in your own hands trying to navigate to the bathroom with the sofa bed out. Then the drop down bed made the queen bed very claustrophobic - I could not sleep underneath it so I slept in one direction and my husband the other. We were like the grandparents on Willy Wonka. 

I still have a him bruise!