VOOM internet

Hello. We will be cruising in July aboard Allure of the Seas. It is a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 teen daughters.(13 & 16) We have connecting rooms. The last time we cruised was in 2005. We would like to be able to keep track of where my girls are on the boat.  Or tell my husband I'm going to lunch.Or be able to tell them we are going to lunch, etc. I am very confused over VOOM. I heard the VOOM surf is better. All of us have a cell phone. Does each person(4) need VOOM? Or can I have one account with 4 devices? Is there a better way to keep track of where your teens are?  Will we each be able to use it at the same time if we have one account with 4 devices? It's not clear how this works or what is the best way to navigate this as a family of 4. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, eabplus2 said:

Does each person(4) need VOOM?

Or can I have one account with 4 devices?

Is there a better way to keep track of where your teens are?

Welcome to CC.

If you all want to communicate at the same time and are separated, yes.

That's the same thing.

The built in text option within the RCI app is cheaper, but less reliable.

Be prepared for parenting advice.

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 1

One account, with 4 devices will allow everyone to be online at the same time.  That sounds like what you need.

Might I also suggest a magnetic whiteboard?  That way you can leave messages when you might not have the phone with you.  (pool for example)  You can leave it in one of the rooms if you are concerned about security.

• Like 1

We use white boards for that very reason.  Have lost too many very expensive mobile phones in the pool, at a bar, in swim wear (which ended up in the pool), even lost one in a bucket of beer (nasty mixture of leftover beer and mostly melted ice).

Not too many places to get lost on a cruise ship.  You're either on board, or you're not.....LOL!

My teens always have thier phones! I'm sure they will be with them at the pool, walking around or teen club.Pictures and texting each other. I just worry about something happening to them. In port they will be with us. And we plan on using the safe. Thank you. Looking forward to cruising after all these years.

One person, 4 device package is normally cheaper than 4 people, 1 device each.

I have heard that the Royal app messaging does not alert you to messages, you have to look and see if there are any messages.