Celebrity Suite, anyone been in one?

samplecd02

6 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

We will be in a CS on the Reflection, cabin 1233.  We chose that cabin because it is on the slant and a larger cabin.  We went from a balcony to a sky suite, a sky suite on the rear of the ship and now to a Celebrity Suite.  We wanted a cabin mid ship this time so we could enjoy the large balcony.  It is unfortunate that the Reflection does not have a special suite area like the Edge ships have.  

Anyone know about that cabin in terms of wind, butler, etc.?

We also have that very same cabin for our February, 2023 cruise.  The balcony on the slant is HUGE!  There are some youtube videos of the celebrity suite on the S-class and one shows how huge the balcony is.  Breakfast there here I come!

Good Morning- Has anyone used the Move Up program to bid on upgrades? I am booked on a Veranda stateroom and bid on 6 different cabins, all the suites, in addition to other cabins. Has anyone had success with this? If so, how does it work? If any are accepted, do they just choose one?

25 minutes ago, maryannbon said:

Good Morning- Has anyone used the Move Up program to bid on upgrades? I am booked on a Veranda stateroom and bid on 6 different cabins, all the suites, in addition to other cabins. Has anyone had success with this? If so, how does it work? If any are accepted, do they just choose one?

I’ve used Move Up as well as booked suites directly. The last cruise we had booked group space and the best accommodation I could directly book with that TA was a Concierge. I used Move Up and bid an extra 1100 per person which was accepted to jump into a Sky Suite. 

Of course there are drawbacks. We upgraded our internet and drink packages separately. We didn’t get the Captain Club points normally associated with a Sky Suite.  Normally we travel by our ourselves and always book suites and would have been better off doing that again however as part of a group this was our only option this particular time. Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

We have been upgraded to a CS on Silhouette due to a cabin problem in a standard suite. I found the layout very wasteful in the cabin space due to the separate bedroom set up. There was very little room around the bed so I could not see the point. Certainly would not pay the difference as at the end of the day we always prioritise on the perks.

A good bet is a standard suite on one of the stern corners. Lovely big balcony. Avoid the one were the window / ship cleaning  device parks when not in use.

1 hour ago, hampshirelad said:

We have been upgraded to a CS on Silhouette due to a cabin problem in a standard suite. I found the layout very wasteful in the cabin space due to the separate bedroom set up. There was very little room around the bed so I could not see the point. Certainly would not pay the difference as at the end of the day we always prioritise on the perks.

A good bet is a standard suite on one of the stern corners. Lovely big balcony. Avoid the one were the window / ship cleaning  device parks when not in use.

It depends on what is important.  My dw loves the enclosed bedroom within the CS suite.  We have very different wake-up schedules.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stones902 said:

I’ve used Move Up as well as booked suites directly. The last cruise we had booked group space and the best accommodation I could directly book with that TA was a Concierge. I used Move Up and bid an extra 1100 per person which was accepted to jump into a Sky Suite. 

Of course there are drawbacks. We upgraded our internet and drink packages separately. We didn’t get the Captain Club points normally associated with a Sky Suite.  Normally we travel by our ourselves and always book suites and would have been better off doing that again however as part of a group this was our only option this particular time. Hope this helps. 

When did you hear that your upgrade was accepted?

4 hours ago, maryannbon said:

When did you hear that your upgrade was accepted?

I submitted for the upgrade approximately a month prior to our sailing in January.  We didn't hear that it had been accepted until 3 days before we sailed.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We really love the sky suite on the M class ships.  On the S class nice, but not as large.  Never had on the edge class, but from the picture looks smallish.  

We enjoy the S class back corner sky suites.  Nice balcony with a side view.  The only drawback (and it is just a slight drawback) is a support pillar located right next to the bed.

Always wanted to try the  aft sunset verandah cabin, though it never fit into our situation.  We haven't cruised by ourselves since our honeymoon cruise in 2012.  Always with other couples/family and they want to be in the connecting ones.  When we decided to cruise alone next february we decided on the celebrity suite on the hump with the slanted balcony.