Anthem - Cape Canaveral Itinerary - this week and last weeks sailing info

Hello!

Just wondering if the Cape Canaveral stop arrived way past noon last week and this week. I know that it had been arriving around 3pm prior weeks. Crossing my fingers that whatever is consistently causing this delay is fixed because I was really excited to take my kids to the Kennedy Space Center and I don't think a 3pm arrival time will cut it.

It's really a matter of definition. I was on the 3/20 sailing. When I first booked, arrival time was listed as noon. About a month before, they changed it to one. A week before, it was changed to three, due to advanced covid cleaning. We docked at 3:30 and got off at 4.  She left at 11:30 or so due to loading provisions which caused us to arrive two hours late at Coco Cay the next day.

8 hours ago, Cruisekitty1977 said:

Crossing my fingers that whatever is consistently causing this delay is fixed

The delay is from extra COVID related work at her departure in Bayonne - not sure when that will be fixed.

3 hours ago, LivLove2Cruise said:

Do you mind confirming your arrival time when you have a chance?

On the ship now. We arrived around noon. Cleared to get off around 12:30. Waiter said last week it was bc of restocking took longer than expected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mommyz said:

On the ship now. We arrived around noon. Cleared to get off around 12:30. Waiter said last week it was bc of restocking took longer than expected. 

Thanks for the info.  We’re on Anthem next week and trying to meet up with relatives and trying to coordinate a time was getting difficult.  Hopefully we dock at noon next week as well.  

1 hour ago, 2VaCruzers said:

Thanks for the info.  We’re on Anthem next week and trying to meet up with relatives and trying to coordinate a time was getting difficult.  Hopefully we dock at noon next week as well.  

Waiter said bc Anthem is so large it travels at 20 knots max. If weather is bad they slow down even more and ultimately gets delayed also ship travels against the current slowing it down. 
Also note the time you have to be back onboard. Today it’s 8:30pm for us.

Good luck

8 minutes ago, mommyz said:

Waiter said bc Anthem is so large it travels at 20 knots max. If weather is bad they slow down even more and ultimately gets delayed also ship travels against the current slowing it down. 
Also note the time you have to be back onboard. Today it’s 8:30pm for us.

Good luck

Thanks!!  We’re pretty much meeting relatives at Fishlips for an early dinner, so we’ll be close!!

1 hour ago, 2VaCruzers said:

Thanks!!  We’re pretty much meeting relatives at Fishlips for an early dinner, so we’ll be close!!

Last time there on Anthem (11/14), we docked at a Carnival dock a long way from Fishlips. Mariner was at the main terminal. We had no advance notice.

6 minutes ago, John Reid said:

Last time there on Anthem (11/14), we docked at a Carnival dock a long way from Fishlips. Mariner was at the main terminal. We had no advance notice.

I searched the port of Canaveral site and found that we’ll be the only ship in port that day (the 12th) and would dock at CT1 which is alongside the restaurant area. 

8DCBE16A-60B2-42A8-959B-9CD048378493.jpeg

C0223B10-B2F9-4EF6-918F-5AFB8A226E0E.jpeg

• Thanks 1