Just cancelled (Covid) my experience

niccynoo66

Hello all,

I thought I would post to let you know my experience of having to unpick our cruise that we due to be on this Saturday (09/04/2022, IONA). 

There were 6 of us going, me, husband, our two teenagers and my mom and dad. Unfortunately 4 out of 6 of us have just caught Covid !

We made a quick call to P and O this morning to check what we needed to do, answered straight away and she was really helpful. We said we would call later when we had a new cruise picked. Once we had decided on a new cruise we called again. Once more they answered straight away and once more were incredibly friendly and helpful. 

She cancelled all three cabins / bookings and re booked us for our new date using the future cruise credit  (13/08/2022 IONA). All money for our excursions should come back within 14 days to our credit card, we will then re book new excursions. 

We then called CPS and they were just as helpful, in a matter of minutes we had moved the car parking booking to the new date. Finally we cancelled our Friday night hotel, we would have amended it but the price was so much more we are going to check out other choices. 

We had spent the last few weeks worrying about if we would be able to go due to rising covid cases and it has sucked the joy out of planning but we are now re booked so will give it another shot in August ! 

Nicky x

• Like 24

Just now, niccynoo66 said:

Hello all,

I thought I would post to let you know my experience of having to unpick our cruise that we due to be on this Saturday (09/04/2022, IONA). 

There were 6 of us going, me, husband, our two teenagers and my mom and dad. Unfortunately 4 out of 6 of us have just caught Covid !

We made a quick call to P and O this morning to check what we needed to do, answered straight away and she was really helpful. We said we would call later when we had a new cruise picked. Once we had decided on a new cruise we called again. Once more they answered straight away and once more were incredibly friendly and helpful. 

She cancelled all three cabins / bookings and re booked us for our new date using the future cruise credit  (13/08/2022 IONA). All money for our excursions should come back within 14 days to our credit card, we will then re book new excursions. 

We then called CPS and they were just as helpful, in a matter of minutes we had moved the car parking booking to the new date. Finally we cancelled our Friday night hotel, we would have amended it but the price was so much more we are going to check out other choices. 

We had spent the last few weeks worrying about if we would be able to go due to rising covid cases and it has sucked the joy out of planning but we are now re booked so will give it another shot in August ! 

Nicky x

So sorry about your holiday and being unwell, but great to hear that P&O Customer Services can sometimes work very well.

Look after yourselves.

• Like 8

Sorry to hear that you are unable to go on your cruise due to illness. 

We are due to sail in just over three weeks so I found this reassuring regards cancellation and rebooking, should we be in a similar situation. Thank you.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, niccynoo66 said:

they were great and made it all so much easier, I hope no one else finds themselves in this position but wanted to post to reassure people that it was actually no problem to do

A very helpful post, too - thanks.  Sorry it happened, but glad the rebooking went so well, and that you’ve now got something to look forward to in August, when hopefully infection rates will be a lot lower.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, niccynoo66 said:

they were great and made it all so much easier, I hope no one else finds themselves in this position but wanted to post to reassure people that it was actually no problem to do

Thanks for sharing this. Like others, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your cruise but it’s great to hear that you have had a positive outcome. 

It’s so sad to read the reports of others who have cancelled and lost money when they could so easily have done as you have and re-booked with no loss whatsoever. Even our resident P&O employee was suggesting that people report that they had Covid symptoms in order to avoid any losses. On the basis that, in your case, you do actually have Covid I hope that it’s mild and you make a speedy recovery. 

• Like 6

Such a shame you have contracted Covid necessitating moving your cruise but delighted that the much maligned shoreside operation of P&O have been so helpful in rearranging it. Thanks for letting us know.

• Like 2

thanks everyone for your good wishes, the ones of us with Covid have head cold  symptoms and just feel tired x 

A quick update, mom and dad have just spoken with holiday extras as they had a single trip policy for this cruise and they have moved the policy to the new cruise with out any cost. Again, super service and lovely friendly staff. 

So our only extra cost will be that the hotels in Southampton are a bit pricier than for this cruise. 

We had booked 3 rooms for the friday  night at the Moxy for £113 per room with breakfast, now looking at over £150 so will check out other options. 

Considering everything that is a small price to pay to keep our holiday 😊

best wishes

Nicky

• Like 11

3 hours ago, niccynoo66 said:

thanks everyone for your good wishes, the ones of us with Covid have head cold  symptoms and just feel tired x 

A quick update, mom and dad have just spoken with holiday extras as they had a single trip policy for this cruise and they have moved the policy to the new cruise with out any cost. Again, super service and lovely friendly staff. 

So our only extra cost will be that the hotels in Southampton are a bit pricier than for this cruise. 

We had booked 3 rooms for the friday  night at the Moxy for £113 per room with breakfast, now looking at over £150 so will check out other options. 

best wishes

Nicky

Thank you for posting your situation and I'm so sorry that you have had to cancel your cruise because of catching covid but it is reassuring to hear how helpful P&O have been in rearranging a replacement cruise for you all.

Sending you our best wishes for a quick and full recovery for all your family.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, niccynoo66 said:

best wishes

Nicky

First off, I hope you all recover quickly and only suffer from mild symptoms.

You say the only extra cost was the hotel. Was the cruise you chose more expensive? If so did you have to pay that?

• Like 1

hi,

I did not have to pay anything extra for my two inside cabins  ,  for mom and dad it was thirty pounds more for their balcony cabin per person. They did not pay anything yesterday, and so at some point will pay the difference. We did not keep the same cabins as they were no longer available. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1