what is the earliest time someone can actually board

csoud68

a ship? i have been on at 10:50 a.m. and It was fantastic because we were on for over 5 hrs and we still saw people boarding. Im the type of person who feels like im paying for that day so i should get every second out of it i can.

• Like 3

It depends on when the ship is ready.  I've sailed 6 times since the restart and typically get an early check-in time (usually 10:30).  One time we were able to walk right on, every other time we've had to wait for at least 30 minutes, once an hour.

8 minutes ago, mondello said:

Thought Suite guests are first to board, after B2B guests.

True that. We are in a suite on our next two cruises and i would like to be in the terminal by 9:30. I would hope we would be on by 10 if we have all our documents ready. 

4 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

True that. We are in a suite on our next two cruises and i would like to be in the terminal by 9:30. I would hope we would be on by 10 if we have all our documents ready. 

Not likely.  We are platinum with over 100 days cruising.  We've never seen any ship actually start boarding before at least 10:30 or so.  Our last cruise in January, we had A-1 boarding and we were on the ship about 10:40.

8 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

Just off Vista last week and they were planning on previous guests off by 10:30. 

5 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

Not likely.  We are platinum with over 100 days cruising.  We've never seen any ship actually start boarding before at least 10:30 or so.  Our last cruise in January, we had A-1 boarding and we were on the ship about 10:40.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'd guess anything before noon is a bonus. I always arrive in the crush of teeming masses and lunch is still open. I'll be B2B on Valor 7/25-8/5 and will see when others board on the second leg.

16 minutes ago, csoud68 said:

thanks everyone..at least we have priority waiting area to lounge in. Better than snaking around in a long line for 2 hours. 

Don't be so sure about that.  Platinum and diamond now get to pick their check-in time two days before everyone else.  At least in Baltimore, when you arrive, you wait in line with everyone else until your check-in time. No special line for platinum or diamond. No special waiting area. 

• Like 1