Extra $30 for early saver rate with price protection

sahm1225

We had a cruise on hold two weeks ago and screwed up the pay by date, so we lost the deal. 
now the rate is higher ($200), but also $30 more to do an early saver rate instead of the resident promo which does not offer price protection. 
For those who have taken lots of cruises- is it worth the gamble to pay an extra $30 and keep an eye on the prices? 

No one has really cruised enough post covid to know what prices on your date, whenever it is  right be.

Will testing be dropped, demand might go up. Is there pent up demand for cruising? No one knows. Right now carnival is filling ships with deeply discounted fares. But they say fares are set to rise.

My experience with early saver maybe I booked sept 11 let's say  ..and I'm early saver, but just my luck sept 25 drops a lot.  ...have had some luck booking last minute more so than early saver. With low covid rates close in I'm booking more than usual because pricing is low now. A year from now? No one knows.

4 hours ago, sahm1225 said:

We had a cruise on hold two weeks ago and screwed up the pay by date, so we lost the deal. 
now the rate is higher ($200), but also $30 more to do an early saver rate instead of the resident promo which does not offer price protection. 
For those who have taken lots of cruises- is it worth the gamble to pay an extra $30 and keep an eye on the prices? 

Couldn’t you do the early saver rate and immediately submit a form to get the $30 back? I’d find a PVP to work with and they can usually get you price drops as long as it’s not before final payment. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sahm1225 said:

Doesn’t that mean I’d give up the early saver protection or will I keep the price protection and can price adjust more than once?

Pre covid once early saver always early saver, but I've seen lately some residence rate that once you match cant still be early saver, ...so old rules seem to have been changed.