Cruise Critic Sailing Aboard Pride of America 4/9 - Ask Us Your Questions

Sailing May 28 and I'm still trying to find solid info on Covid testing at the cruise terminal in Hon.  I've been researching local providers as well, but am getting a little frustrated.  Does NCL do antigen test at the pier and what is the cost ?  Thanks very much if you can help.

3 hours ago, zounds said:

Sailing May 28 and I'm still trying to find solid info on Covid testing at the cruise terminal in Hon.  I've been researching local providers as well, but am getting a little frustrated.  Does NCL do antigen test at the pier and what is the cost ?  Thanks very much if you can help.

We ordered the test kits from NCL.  I think for peace of mind, this is the best option!  My husband tested positive 2 days before we were to fly to Hawaii....We are re- booked for July 30th and will use the kits we purchased for that cruise!

Post when you get home!!!!

Dear Fellow POA Cruisers:

We are scheduled for the May 28 POA cruise.  We are also on the four-day pre cruise tour and were originally told that we would be tested at the Terminal on Saturday, May 28.  Our cruise documents stated that we would (now) be tested at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Friday information to follow.

Joel Barry

26 minutes ago, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Fellow POA Cruisers:

We are scheduled for the May 28 POA cruise.  We are also on the four-day pre cruise tour and were originally told that we would be tested at the Terminal on Saturday, May 28.  Our cruise documents stated that we would (now) be tested at the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Friday information to follow.

Joel Barry

Also on the pre-cruise tour.I printed out our documents today and didn't see anything about the testing. Can you tell me where you read that? Much appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

Also on the pre-cruise tour.I printed out our documents today and didn't see anything about the testing. Can you tell me where you read that? Much appreciated. 

Dear Go2SeaTW:

On page two of the Documents under Cruise Tour there is a PDF to click on.

Joel Barry

On 5/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, Amy726 said:

Are beach towels available on board to take off the ship? I would love to not have to take up so much luggage space for these! Sailing May 28. 

P.S. I enjoyed reading this thread, and your articles/reviews!

There were beach towels off the ship before you exited the secure area.  No idea why they don't tell people.  You find out as you get off the ship and there is a place to pick up towels and return them.

On 5/10/2022 at 8:46 AM, zounds said:

I did see the sign inside the cruise terminal for covid testing when you check in. I did not see how much the cost was. They check your vaccination status and pre-test before you even go into the check in hall, so before you go through security this is done. 

On 5/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, Cape Hernlopen said:

Dear Go2SeaTW:

On page two of the Documents under Cruise Tour there is a PDF to click on.

Joel Barry

Thank you, Joel. I have clicked on the links and read/re-read each page and nothing about covid testing on Friday at all on our documents. That is weird. Guess I will call and ask tomorrow. I had planned on using the iHealth proctored testing since we had 2 unused/unopened boxes, but to my dismay, the online testing dates are sold out.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:35 PM, Amy726 said:

Are beach towels available on board to take off the ship? I would love to not have to take up so much luggage space for these! Sailing May 28. 

P.S. I enjoyed reading this thread, and your articles/reviews!

Beach towels are indeed available onboard 🙂

Thank you all for replies re: covid test.  I guess we will rely on it being available at the pier, but am curious about testing at the Hyatt.  I do not have e-docs yet, as TA is slow providing flight info.  Steve