Best day pass location in Nassau

Megan_Strick

8 hours ago, 1kaper said:

We took our 8 yo in March and he loved it there.  He was cranky and a little sunburned from the day before and didn't want to go, until he saw it. 
It's a great spot for kids.  There is a wall to jump from, the lazy river, pool, some water slides.  And there is a small beach with stuff to do but we didn't even go there. 

We stopped on the way to pick up some drinks and just put them in our bags. 

I would recommend it. 

Thanks for the recommendation, I appreciate it!

happychippy,

When you were at RIU, were there people selling stuff that were bothersome? Someone complained about that in a review.  I didn't realize until I read it just now that this is on a public beach.  Did you have access to any of the inside restaurants or facilities as well?  Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated.  We'll be on a cruise in April and are thinking of booking a RIU day pass.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

happychippy,

When you were at RIU, were there people selling stuff that were bothersome? Someone complained about that in a review.  I didn't realize until I read it just now that this is on a public beach.  Did you have access to any of the inside restaurants or facilities as well?  Anything else you can tell me would be appreciated.  We'll be on a cruise in April and are thinking of booking a RIU day pass.  Thank you.

Yes, there were vendors, there were also vendors on the beach in front of Atlantis, it’s fair game. I don’t know if there is access to inside restaurants but I doubt they’d be included in the price. The buffet was more than adequate. ETA the most annoying vendor was a guy selling drinks, since we obviously had access to the open bar. My 19 year old son bought a cigar, that vendor was very aggressive and my 6’2” son was afraid of him. Banana boats, jet skis, hair braiding….

Edited by mjkacmom

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 10:00 AM, KimPossible1 said:

The British Colonial Hilton closed in February.  We did Margaritaville at the end of Feb. and it was a nice day.  We got there around 11 and we left around 3:30-4pm.  It felt like a long day.  Junkanoo is next door.  

What did they charge and what was included?  Were you bothered by vendors while sitting on the beach?

On 1/24/2023 at 12:33 PM, ptcandy said:

What did they charge and what was included?  Were you bothered by vendors while sitting on the beach?

ptcandy...did you happen to see if this day pass was still going?..The british Colonial is closed, but they are allowing people to use their private beach, and amenities for what seems like a steal!! I guess you have to go to the Margaritaville resort to check in, then they give you access next door..https://www.resortforaday.com/Serenity-beach-pass-at-british-colonial-Introductory-rate/

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Cruise till you drop said:

Would the British Colonial Hilton be open in June 2024 ?

I doubt it, it was purchased by another company, maybe margaritaville? Right now they are letting folks use the beach and restrooms for a price before they renovate.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 10:10 AM, mjkacmom said:

Would the British Colonial Hilton be open in June 2024 . - - - - I doubt it, it was purchased by another company, maybe margaritaville? Right now they are letting folks use the beach and restrooms for a price before they renovate.

I would say YES, I just watched a you tube video that was dated Feb 2023. An official said work is underway and hope for a part opening by summer 2023 and full open by winter 2023.

Edited by jimdalva

2 minutes ago, jimdalva said:

I would say YES, I just watched a you tube video that was dated Feb 2023. An official said work is underway and hope for a part opening by summer 2023 and full open by winter 2023.

Hmm, I don’t know if they were asking if the $25 beach pass option would still be available in 2924 while construction of the new venue or if the new venue would be open (which I expect will be more than $25 for a day pass).

2 hours ago, jimdalva said:

Thanks.  You answered my question 

interestingly their website is open to book now so I wonder if I booked it now and they raise their prices later, that they would have to honor the $25 pp rate

• 1 month later...