Last run of the season sales

libtrek

Pre-Covid we sailed on the last Bliss of the Alaska season. They had fabulous sales of Alaska merchandise. We are on the September 17-24 sailing which I think is the last one for Bliss. Anyone know if they still do these sales? It would be the frosting on the cake for this cruise as we already scored free airfare to Seattle due to getting bumped off our NCL-BOGO arranged flight in February. Mary

If you are referring to the local stores and shops at the ports then I can say YES! There are many good deals to be had especially on clothing.  I got some very nice heavier type jackets and boots on my last trip.  I ended up buying another bag for my purchases.  Very handy for Midwest winters.  

Looks like you might be from my home state so hoping this helps a fellow Michigander.

• Like 1

This is one of the things we considered when we booked out Alaska cruise on the Encore in 2024.  Our sailing is 10/20, so not only are we hoping for a some great deals, but with it being in late October, our weather might be a little more "Alaska-like."

1 hour ago, shotodrag said:

This is one of the things we considered when we booked out Alaska cruise on the Encore in 2024.  Our sailing is 10/20, so not only are we hoping for a some great deals, but with it being in late October, our weather might be a little more "Alaska-like."

I always hope for that too which is one of the main reasons  I choose to sail late in the season.  Each time I have been gifted with 50's and 60's.  I keep trying though.

On 4/8/2022 at 8:24 PM, shotodrag said:

We prefer not to have Alaska weather in October...
There have been years the temp. dropped below 0F by November 1st...

We enjoyed a Trans-Pacific:  Vancouver to Tokyo - 09/17/18...
We were happy to be gifted w/ fabulous weather before crossing the Bering Sea & Pacific...

Short sleeves & capris weather in Seward 😎

Edited by Von & John

On 4/9/2022 at 4:17 AM, libtrek said:

And, crossing fingers and toes, the NORTHERN LIGHTS.

Better chance of seeing the Aurora's on a balcony than top deck w/ all the lights...

Light Pollution is the greatest hindrance to seeing the Northern Lights.

Von & John! How lucky are you, living in such a beautiful place. We did a road trip a few years with family. We all agreed if we were younger, we’d consider moving. Our room is a few doors down from the observation lounge, not sure about the ambient light. Maybe meet for drinks? Love to hear about life up there. Mary

PS just realized that you are probably not on the cruise. Bummer

Edited by libtrek
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:53 PM, libtrek said:

Pre-Covid we sailed on the last Bliss of the Alaska season. They had fabulous sales of Alaska merchandise. We are on the September 17-24 sailing which I think is the last one for Bliss. Anyone know if they still do these sales? It would be the frosting on the cake for this cruise as we already scored free airfare to Seattle due to getting bumped off our NCL-BOGO arranged flight in February. Mary

Don't know about on the ship but I took a cruise-tour a few years ago and we were very end of season - one of the "chain" sweatshirt/tshirt stores (probably Denali) was selling $5 sweatshirts.  Had to wear half my wardrobe on the plane home because my suitcase was overweight.  Sweatshirts & tshirts weight more than one would think!

I think there were close-out sales on the ship (they had tons of overpriced jackets) but there was also 1 more cruise after us.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, libtrek said:

Von & John! How lucky are you, living in such a beautiful place. We did a road trip a few years with family. We all agreed if we were younger, we’d consider moving. Our room is a few doors down from the observation lounge, not sure about the ambient light. Maybe meet for drinks? Love to hear about life up there. Mary

PS just realized that you are probably not on the cruise. Bummer

No - not on this cruise - although we've done both an Alaskan Cruise & Trans-Pacific hitting all the Alaskan ports... 
Love the "Thumb" reference...
Grew up in IA & cousins lived in Muskegon - then Aunt & Uncle moved to Fruitland Township/Whitehall/White Lake...

Spent much time up there 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Von & John said:

No - not on this cruise - although we've done both an Alaskan Cruise & Trans-Pacific hitting all the Alaskan ports... 
Love the "Thumb" reference...
Grew up in IA & cousins lived in Muskegon - then Aunt & Uncle moved to Fruitland Township/Whitehall/White Lake...

Spent much time up there 🙂

According to Michigan rules, that makes us almost cousins, LOL

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:24 AM, shotodrag said:

That date is so late, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the tourist-oriented stores and attractions have already closed up for the season.  NCL looks like the only cruise line that operates through the end of October, while the others are gone by the first week of the month.