Booking restaurants??

marnie2005

I can see restaurants available to book, so I tried to book Cagney's twice and La Cucina.  It would not let me book in a single attempt.  It let me book Cagney's once, then I went back in to book La Cucina, so I was able to get those in two separate attempts.  Have not been able to get Cagney's for 2nd time at all.

Anyone else have those issues?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I can see restaurants available to book, so I tried to book Cagney's twice and La Cucina.  It would not let me book in a single attempt.  It let me book Cagney's once, then I went back in to book La Cucina, so I was able to get those in two separate attempts.  Have not been able to get Cagney's for 2nd time at all.

Some other people reported something similar recently.

18 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

We are sailing on 5/21 out of Miami. I tried to book dinners but I couldn't get the reservations to work. I called (800) 327-7030 and the rep fixed us right up in less than a minute. This phone number is listed on my dining confirmation. Says "Feel free to contact us for dining alternatives or check onboard."

• Like 1

I had a similar issue.  Booked on the Star for Iceland/Greenland in July.  Supposed to be able to book dining 125 days prior but couldn't until earlier this week.  I was booking six nights but for some reason was only able to do three. I called my cruise consultant and he was able to book my remaining nights with no issues.

I guess it does depend on the ship. On Sunday (4/10) we booked  Cagney's, La Cucina & Le Bistro for our July 3 Joy sailing, but I have to wait until 21 days before sailing to complete On-line Check-in!  That seems unusual to me.

There are two different issues here.

Until last weekend there were no bookings available on any European cruises. That is why there were references above to people being unable to book at all on the Star. That issue is now resolved.

However, there do seem to be issues with making reservations. From what I can tell the problem is that the system isn’t letting you book the same restaurant more than once. For example, I can make bookings for my cruise this weekend now, but if I put any restaurant I already have a reservation at in my basket it disappears.

I suspect that most people who are having trouble are including the same restaurant more than once.

• Like 2

I was able to book restaurants for June 13 Dawn out of Amsterdam just today.  I guess they opened at the 60 day mark. Just FYI, I am also in a suite, not sure if it matters.  I made 5 different bookings, so I don't know about multiple bookings of the same restaurant.

PM

14 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

I was able to book restaurants for June 13 Dawn out of Amsterdam just today.  I guess they opened at the 60 day mark. Just FYI, I am also in a suite, not sure if it matters.  I made 5 different bookings, so I don't know about multiple bookings of the same restaurant.

PM

Being in a suite means that you can usually book 130 days out rather than the usual

120 days, so that won’t have had an impact on being able to book for this cruise now. I assume that bookings actually opened up a few days ago, unless they were just slower making them available on the Dawn than the other ships in Europe which were made available last weekend.

Edited by KeithJenner

5 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

Being in a suite means that you can usually book 130 days out rather than the usual

120 days, so that won’t have had an impact on being able to book for this cruise now. I assume that bookings actually opened up a few days ago, unless they were just slower making them available on the Dawn than the other ships in Europe which were made available last weekend.

I agree, I checked and checked early on (actually for a cancelled Getaway cruise) and there was nothing open, then for this one as soon as we rebooked.  I assumed that I would have to do this onboard.  I was glad to catch it as my daughter loves Teppanyaki, and had her heart set on it.  The rest were not a big deal, but nice to have with the platinum vouchers and 2-meal package.

PM