Can I live without a balcony??

DALSAL

DALSAL - We are looking at a very similiar itinerary leaving from Venice, I think ours is the other itinerary that does not go to Turkey but actually either would work it will just be a matter of pricing when it comes out for the 07' voyages.

1. How did you end up finding such a great deal on your airfare to Venice?

2. Did you book direct with RCI or a TA? (We have only sailed Carnival so I am new to RCI).

3. When you pricing out your cruise were the itineraries priced closely for the two 7 day that leave Venice?

I am right there with you trying to decide if the extra $$$ is worth it for a balcony.

Thanks

This is the cruise that my DH and myself are planning on going for our anniversary in a few years... Anyway, we just had this discussion and we are saving so we can have not only a balcony, but also a suite. Our cruise to the Caribbean in Oct. is our first cruise and we have a balcony. I'm sure I'll be spoiled...

Please let us know how your cruise was. The ports of call sound fascinating.

Dona

It depends. If I'm on a cruise with my boyfriend, he's going to be happier with a balcony - you could say he almost demands one.

My daughter, she'd be fine with an interior but I get an Oceanview because I prefer the natural light.

My first 2 cruises were interior and then I got an oceanview on the third and there was no going back. My bf got to our cabin before I did the first time I booked a balcony room and he was already out on it and spent a considerable amount of time out on the balcony the rest of the cruise.

Ive booked the Splendour for July 16th cruising from Venice with a balcony..as I see my cost mounting quickly(airfare is as much as the cruise),Im wondering if I can live without the balcony.Im so spoiled to one,especially on the at sea days.

The ports are Venice,Ephesus/Kasadasi Turkey,Athens,Dubrovnik Croatia.Then two days at sea...

Any ideas out there? Thanks,Dot

YOU CAN NOT LIVE WITHOUT IT! my self now that I have cruisedaft corner with huge balcony i do not even think about it, there alot of cruises with ports of call I have missed becuase the stateroom is what I base my whole cruise on . If the staterooms on the aft on deck 10 on the corners are not avail i dont do it and have missed some excelent cruises becuase of it. I want to do the exotic carib but no balconies so no cruise. have fun but keep your balcony.

So far,I HAVE kept the balcony:) I was really planning on letting it go for an inside,but then I found out that we left at 9 am on the 2nd day not 9pm like I had thought...I know,I know...any excuse to keep it...

bptraveler..I dont know that I have great airfare.It is quite a bit less than RCI wants,and you KNOW what your itinerary is without having to pay the extra $75 for the custom air.BUT...I went in to actually book it on wednesday,and it had gone UP $300. So,I wasnt happy.The lower fare was from travelocity with British Airways.Then,when it went up,I went with the SAME flight,but $300 more thru Priceline.I took the one stop in London.I heard from many ppl online and friends that you dont want to go thru France.I dont know if thats true or not,but we go thru London.There doesnt seem to be any good flights to Venice.I tried going from the west coast,and east coast.I think it depends on what time of year you go too.

Now,my main concern is the hotel for Venice.I dont have enough vacation days left to have extra days before or after the cruise,so we dont get into Venice until around 9:30 or so saturday night.We board the ship on Sunday and sail on Monday morning.Hubby seems think we should just hang out in the airport or party all night,but I think I need to try to get a few hours of sleep in a bed! He can sleep on airplanes,but I cant.But,Im wondering just when Im going to sleep anyway. :)

So,if anyone has any ideas on a hotel,please let me know! Dot

Archived