Covid Testing On Date of Departure Not Accepted

67Miner

3 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:
3 hours ago, 67Miner said:

Thank you.  I was able to book test at Walgreens on Granada in Ormond Beach for Sunday.  When I tried to do this earlier I asked for the rapid antigen test which I have always used in the past.  There was no availability.  Walgreens does not offer this test.  But they do offer the rapid NAAT test.  I was not aware that there were two types of rapid tests.

I just dummy-booked at 09:30 appt in the Walgreens on Beville Rd in Daytona for Sunday, the 17th.  I think you should check again.

Thank you

• Like 1

3 hours ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just dummy-booked at 09:30 appt in the Walgreens on Beville Rd in Daytona for Sunday, the 17th.  I think you should check again.

Thank you.  I was able to book test at Walgreens on Granada in Ormond Beach for Sunday.  When I tried to do this earlier I asked for the rapid antigen test which I have always used in the past.  There was no availability.  Walgreens does not offer this test.  But they do offer the rapid NAAT test.  I was not aware that there were two types of rapid tests.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, BEAV said:

only for Transatlantic sailings that call at a port in Spain. 

Actually ALL that port or debark in Spain if travellers' vaccinations are not "Up To Date", and ALL (sort of) that embark from Barcelona.  Spain is really screwing things up.

Edited by jwlane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 67Miner said:

Great!

- Joel

Hello,

I am reading the requirement on the X UK site to be that FOR UNVACCINATED passengers a test on departure day will not be acceptable.

For fully vaccinated passengers, a test up to two days earlier, including departure day, is acceptable.

Sorry if someone has already said that.

Regards,

Cublet

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I am reading the requirement on the X UK site to be that FOR UNVACCINATED passengers a test on departure day will not be acceptable.

For fully vaccinated passengers, a test up to two days earlier, including departure day, is acceptable.

Sorry if someone has already said that.

Regards,

Cublet

That is almost right - but not quite,  as it seems there are 'two types' of vaccinated guests'.

One 'type' has a 2 day window for testing and the other 'type' a one day window for testing.

This is the definition for my Italy departure, (other ports may vary):

*European definition of Up to Date: vaccinated within 9 months (270 days) of final dose in primary series OR boosted. The 270 days must extend to the final day of the cruise. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

**Definition of Fully Vaccinated:  vaccinated with a full dose of a primary series vaccine more than 9 months (270 days) prior to sailing, and NOT boosted. The last primary dose must have been administered at least 14 days prior to embarkation.

And the requirement is:

Up to Date* Guests: Must present a negative Antigen test taken within 1 day prior to sailing. Testing at the terminal will not be required.

Fully-Vaccinated** Guests: Will not be required to present a pre-arrival test. Instead, guests will be tested at the Terminal prior to Embarkation.

Fitting in the testing with the travel is going to be an extra hurdle causing problems for many!!

Edited by laslomas

15 hours ago, RichYak said:

And my thinking is an email sent directly to you is where the mistakes happen.

Just received second email from Celebrity, stating 2 days for testing , and this one even has my boarding time 

Apex TA does not stop in Spain 

9DC849D0-DD26-43CC-A639-C0C2990C5655.jpeg

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 67Miner said:

We are in same area. For the past year or so Walgreens has never had the rapid antigen available in our area. Virginia was the closest available shown. Rapid NAAT  has always been available(scarce sometimes) and accepted by the cruise line. 

Edited by daytona