What is “For Sale” on-ship?

Let Me Travel!

I always think that I will find that “perfect gift” at the ports… I am a crazy person… I don’t do well on buying gifts at the various ports… I have a tendency to buy the items on the ship…I’ve bought many olive wood small bowls on the ship..does anyone know of other items that I could buy at various ports?  Any suggestions??? I am at a loss for gifts for loved ones at home.

I try to buy consumables. Wine, candy, biscuits, olive oil, etc.  A question always asked is whether food items can be brought back. Because the answer varies, it's best to just ask the store. They know. (Yes, yes, of course, you'd have to trust them to be honest!) Usually, if what you're holding isn't allowed, they'll have an alternative that is. It mostly depends on the packaging. 

The Norwegian sweaters we bought onboard are excellent.  DW also found a ring that matched exactly a pearl necklace set bought on Seabourn many years before.  A couple of very nice sunglasses, haircuts, pedicures, a carved penguin from the Falklands.  All bought onboard with OBC....🍸

On 4/11/2022 at 5:54 PM, austinetc said:

I try to buy consumables. Wine, candy, biscuits, olive oil, etc.  A question always asked is whether food items can be brought back. Because the answer varies, it's best to just ask the store. They know. (Yes, yes, of course, you'd have to trust them to be honest!) Usually, if what you're holding isn't allowed, they'll have an alternative that is. It mostly depends on the packaging. 

We just got back from a 24-day trip to Italy, Croatia, Montenegro, and Greece; we loaded up on olive oil from every country. I worried about whether to declare it on our flight home, but needn't have worried--we were never asked, our bags were never examined, and we returned home to DFW airport laden with lots of great treats, and were never asked or required to declare a single thing.

I wish Viking had a bit more in their onboard shops; finding it colder in Italy on our trip than we expected, I wanted to buy a sweatshirt, but there were none to be had on the ship, nor did they have any other shirts in my size. 

in these days of constant connectivity, they should also carry a selection of charging cords for phones, etc. On one of our previous cruises I did find one onboard, but not on the last cruise in March.