Ocean ready question

esper10

Sorry for starting new topic again but I never struggled before when I used to check in but it’s different this time. 
I have the Ocean Ready app and did the travel doc,security and profile but when I try the accessories I keep on getting error ind the cruise personalized is incomplete. Also I don’t have any boarding pass to print I don’t think my checking in is complete. Can I just leave it alone until I get to port.or what am’I doing wrong??

It's not your fault. It's the app. You can't print a boarding pass because they're no longer used. Luggage tags are still printable as they used to be. You may not be able to select a boarding time either, so just show up. Early is better.

Bring anything that couldn't be uploaded with the app to the pier.  We had real trouble with the app, but things went quickly and smoothly at the pier, so don't worry about it. You will be far from alone. We also opted to pick up the Medallion at the pier. Some report problems with delivery, so I'd suggest that too.

• Like 1

We're a family of 6 cruising at the end of May.   All information was entered into the Medallion app quite a while ago.  Our son-in-law's "Arrival Status" on the check-in portion on the Princess personalizer  continues to show "Incomplete".  I contacted Princess today to find out what was missing.  They checked our bookings - everyone's info is entered and check-in is complete.  The rep said it was a bug in their system and not to worry about it. 

We were unable to complete information on the app for our January 2022 cruises.  We showed up at the port and the Princess rep took care of everything for us.        

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

It's not your fault. It's the app. You can't print a boarding pass because they're no longer used. Luggage tags are still printable as they used to be. You may not be able to select a boarding time either, so just show up. Early is better.

Bring anything that couldn't be uploaded with the app to the pier.  We had real trouble with the app, but things went quickly and smoothly at the pier, so don't worry about it. You will be far from alone. We also opted to pick up the Medallion at the pier. Some report problems with delivery, so I'd suggest that too.

Were you able to pick up dinner time because I can’t 

2 hours ago, I object 2 said:

We're a family of 6 cruising at the end of May.   All information was entered into the Medallion app quite a while ago.  Our son-in-law's "Arrival Status" on the check-in portion on the Princess personalizer  continues to show "Incomplete".  I contacted Princess today to find out what was missing.  They checked our bookings - everyone's info is entered and check-in is complete.  The rep said it was a bug in their system and not to worry about it. 

We were unable to complete information on the app for our January 2022 cruises.  We showed up at the port and the Princess rep took care of everything for us.        

Were you able to pick dinner time because I can’t. Do they still have to nightly programs for next day I hope it’s not on the app also

We were in suites on both cruises so we had club class dining.  We did not have to reserve dining times.  Yes, regarding the Princess Patter.  The cabin steward left a copy in our room each evening.  I tried viewing the Patter on the app, but it was too difficult to read with these "senior" eyes.  🙂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, esper10 said:

Yes, we were able to select an early dinnertime on the app, but once onboard, the preference disappeared and we were told to report to anytime dining. Could not rebook any time on tablet, TV or wall panel. The head waiter gave us a phone number and dinnertime was restored. Try to fix problems by phone. The lines at Passenger Services were incredible. Yes, we still received the Patter each night. This was on the Grand in March.

If we hadn't been on CC, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the Medallion debacle. I figure CC members are about 1-2% of Princess customers. Hope this helps you, but I think about the 98% out there who have no help, except spending hours on hold with Princess.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Yes, we were able to select an early dinnertime on the app, but once onboard, the preference disappeared and we were told to report to anytime dining. Could not rebook any time on tablet, TV or wall panel. The head waiter gave us a phone number and dinnertime was restored. Try to fix problems by phone. The lines at Passenger Services were incredible. Yes, we still received the Patter each night. This was on the Grand in March.

If we hadn't been on CC, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the Medallion debacle. I figure CC members are about 1-2% of Princess customers. Hope this helps you, but I think about the 98% out there who have no help, except spending hours on hold with Princess.

10 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

Sorry but what is CC and how can I do it?? I have issues with my legs and standing will be a problem. How can I do it from home? Set dinner time

16 minutes ago, esper10 said:

Sorry but what is CC and how can I do it?? I have issues with my legs and standing will be a problem. How can I do it from home? Set dinner time

I believe they are referring to cruise critic when they use CC 🙂

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, esper10 said:

CC= Cruise Critic. The Medallion app might let you select dinner before boarding, might not, or as with us, seemingly disappeared. As to accomodation for mobility, I do not know, but on another thread in the Princess section, there are photos of big delays boarding out of San Francisco. If your cruise is out of there, good to plan.

Edited by mtnesterz

On 4/12/2022 at 5:40 AM, mtnesterz said:

On 4/12/2022 at 5:40 AM, mtnesterz said:

Still need help please I called today regarding Dinning and ocean ready I was Transferred few times and was told there is an error same one as I’m getting and it doesn’t seems that any one can help me. I was on hold and on the phone for hours even though They did answer because I called early but I didn’t solve any thing any one can tell me who I need to call such as supervisor line please need help still

4 hours ago, esper10 said:

In this context, CC stood for "Club Class".  Only guests in Suites or select Mini-Suites (the top end "Club Class" ones) are allowed to use CC dining area.

4 hours ago, esper10 said:

Still need help please I called today regarding Dinning and ocean ready I was Transferred few times and was told there is an error same one as I’m getting and it doesn’t seems that any one can help me. I was on hold and on the phone for hours even though They did answer because I called early but I didn’t solve any thing any one can tell me who I need to call such as supervisor line please need help still

Responded to this on another thread where you posted.

On 4/11/2022 at 5:35 PM, esper10 said:

Sorry for starting new topic again but I never struggled before when I used to check in but it’s different this time. 
I have the Ocean Ready app and did the travel doc,security and profile but when I try the accessories I keep on getting error ind the cruise personalized is incomplete. Also I don’t have any boarding pass to print I don’t think my checking in is complete. Can I just leave it alone until I get to port.or what am’I doing wrong??

Make sure you entered the phone numbers correctly including selecting the country code from the drop down menu. If the phone numbers are not entered correctly that has the side effect of messing up other things.

On 4/11/2022 at 8:55 PM, esper10 said:

I have found the the DMW part of the app will not work unless your cell phone is connecting to the internet via wifi. Just having an LTE data connection is insufficient. It is a really stupid bug.

13 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I have found the the DMW part of the app will not work unless your cell phone is connecting to the internet via wifi. Just having an LTE data connection is insufficient. It is a really stupid bug.

Not in my case.  So many different experiences and issues.  Like herding cats.

• Like 1