Semi Live Review of Drinks and Cocktails on Millennium 4/14

Ripheus

We went to Sushi around noon.   I ordered a drink and was told that the bar (World Class Bar) that made the drinks wasn’t open.   They could try to get the drink from Cafe Al Bacio.    It was terrible.   I had the premium drink pack but if I had to pay for it I would be pissed.  HINT   Read between the lines about where the drinks are made.   Sometimes it pays to get on friendly terms with the BTs  at the WCB.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, miched said:

We went to Sushi around noon.   I ordered a drink and was told that the bar (World Class Bar) that made the drinks wasn’t open.   They could try to get the drink from Cafe Al Bacio.    It was terrible.   I had the premium drink pack but if I had to pay for it I would be pissed.  HINT   Read between the lines about where the drinks are made.   Sometimes it pays to get on friendly terms with the BTs  at the WCB.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Where is the World Class Bar? I can't seem to find it in the Millennium deck plan

9 hours ago, CCBB said:

Where is the World Class Bar? I can't seem to find it in the Millennium deck plan

There is no WCB on the M class ships.   They may get the drinks from Cellar Masters Bar. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

• Like 1

On 4/27/2023 at 9:10 PM, miched said:

If you like Manhattans you know that some Vermouths are better than others.  Here are those  that I like

Antica Formula 1786 vermouth 

Cochi Vermouth 

Not many places sell them because of the cost it usually doesn’t sell before the shelf  life.  

I have had both on Celebrity.   Sometimes you have to ask,  the same for those cherries.  I have found that if you get in a discussion with the BTs about the finer ingredients  they will accommodate you as they appreciate someone that is fairly knowable.   

I will also ask for Fever Tree Ginger Beer, sometime they have it. 

I like bourbon so I will make a “Mojito” with  bourbon instead of rum.     Instead of a Moscow Mule I will make a Kentucky Mule using Bourbon, Fever Tree Ginger Beer and some Domaine de Canton. 

Just some info about getting some real premium drinks on board. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Cocchi is my favorite for manhattans. You are absolutely right, this one is hard to find. I will have to drive to Washington DC to get some. Punt e mes is good too, but again hard to find. YouTube channel How To Drink had a video some time ago, tested manhattans made with different rye and vermouth, and it is very entertaining to watch. 

On 4/17/2022 at 4:07 PM, capecodmercury said:

That being said, the Martini Bar was our favorite for a pre dinner cocktail.   Just a lot of fun and the bartenders were always fun. I am enough of an uncouth barbarian not to mind a shaken Martini and I spent many nights working through the gin list.

I could have written this comment myself, swapping gin for vodka. Loved the martini bar on our first Celebrity cruise and really looking forward to it on the next!

• 1 month later...

I'm a bit late on this thread but agree with you @Moochi that Carpano Antica is far better than the cheap Martini Roso.... Good news we were on Reflection a  couple of months ago and they had it in the World Class Bar 😎 and on Shilouette last year they also had it in the World Class 🥃

• Like 1