anyone get a vaccine exemtion for under 12's and how long did it take?

maui07

19 minutes ago, Brewgirl1 said:

I don't understand why anyone not vaxxed would want to cruise. What if you can't go on excursions, or get off the ship if the countries don't want you? Get sick and need a hospital?

Canada like much of Europe is welcoming of 4 and unders with their vaccinated parents. We spent 2.5 weeks in France last year. Delightful child friendly country. 

Edited by fatcat04

39 minutes ago, maui07 said:

under 5's dont need an exemption, they can just go. Nothing required at all. 

Much of Europe already accepts this settled science. We had a wonderful time in France last year and no one even blinked about our 4 yo daughter. It was absolutely refreshing to be around such logical people. 

• Like 3

On 4/14/2022 at 8:26 AM, maui07 said:

Nope, up to 5% of your cruise could be un vaxxed, they are giving exemptions for 5-12 year olds. Ovbiously under 5's arent vaxxed either. 

Some cruises do not permit any exemptions and if the cruise embarks from a Canadian port ie. Vancouver then you are subject to Canadian vaccine regulations and no exceptions. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

Some cruises do not permit any exemptions and if the cruise embarks from a Canadian port ie. Vancouver then you are subject to Canadian vaccine regulations and no exceptions. 

correct,  but only if you are over 12 years of age. It also does say very few exceptions. 

Maui07, I tried messaging you but I'm a new user and i think the function is disabled to stop spammers.  I am trying to get an exemption for my 8 year old.  Would you mind IMing me to initiate a chat so I can ask you some questions about the process?  Thanks!!!

On 4/14/2022 at 1:20 PM, MikeD4134 said:

Where did you get that 5% number.  HAL's policy is everybody 12 and older must be vacinated.  Children under 5 are OK, and 5 to 11can apply for an exemption, not an automatic approval.  I hope HAL will notify cruisers, if anybody is on their ship is not vacinated so we may cancel our trip, as I will not travel with unvacinated people.

You should prepare yourself to be cruising with potential ship full of non-vaccinated guests on your Noordam cruise next year. According to the former FDA commissioner (and pfizer board member), cruise lines will likely remove all vaccination requirements as early as next spring.

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/environmental-health/when-will-vaccination-no-longer-be-required-cruise

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:17 PM, Brewgirl1 said:

I don't understand why anyone not vaxxed would want to cruise. What if you can't go on excursions, or get off the ship if the countries don't want you? Get sick and need a hospital?

The number of countries that not require any type of protocol, no vaccination, no pre test, no mask, etc... has grown from 9 to over 50 in just the last two weeks. It is unlikely many countries will keep covid protocols in place for much more time. Look what just happened overnight with transportation in the USA?

The world is opening up VERY quickly. https://www.traveloffpath.com/14-countries-open-for-unvaccinated-travelers/

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:10 PM, Coquitlam Cruiser said:

This is completely inaccurate. Unvaccinated children under 12 can sail from Vancouver on several of the mainstream cruise lines. You can check each line for individual policies, but basically cruises were granted a work around in order to sustain the Alaska Cruise Season.

On 4/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, SanDiegoDude said:

Thanks for the heads up @oakridger that being said, @maui07 what did the process entail?

Hi! Process was very simple, I called the HAL hotline, spoke to a REP that put in a request for exemption. I did not hear anything for a few days and called back and spoke to someone who indeed saw that the exemtion had been approved and got an official letter about a week letter stating the new polic/ procedres for boarding. PCR test 48 hrs prior o boarding and another test on embarkation day. Thats it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1