Royal Mediterranean options or other destination suggestions

I have a FCC from a cheaper 2020 Bahamas cruise that needs to be booked this month to cruise by end of year  .  But 2022 has more milestones so was thinking about other options. We live in Atlantic Canada and would need to fly wherever we go. For the Mediterranean it would probably be in the July -October time frame, not sure when would be too hot, or to cool and rainy. Two options of interest is a Western Med 8 day on Vision of the seas from Barcelona (Sete, Provence, Ajaccio, Palmas de Mallorca, Cartagena, Valencia and either Ibiza or another port as i get conflicting info.) Another option is a Greek Isles return from Venice on Brilliance of the seas (Kotor,  Corfu, Athens, Mykonos, Argostoli)  We spent a week in Rome in 2013 and prob dont need to go there this time. Thoughts on these ships and itineraries. we 've never cruised on RCC yet  Im open to other options,  including AlaskaCaribbean etc  Thanks

Time-frame-wise, I'd recommend mid-September into October. By that time the weather is still warm enough to be pleasant but the stifling heat of the summer will have passed. AND (deliberately big and) all of the European schools will be back in session so the sites will be far less crowded, making for a much more enjoyable experience.

Early July would also work but avoid mid-July to the end of August as everywhere will be boiling hot and jam-packed.

Either of your itineraries sounds great to me. I have been on Brilliance - nice ship - doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the big girls but more than enough to keep you fed and watered after busy port days. I haven't been on Vision, so can't comment there.

We did that exact Greek Isles cruise (but on Rhapsody) in November 2018.  It was amazing.  We sailed from Venice - are ships still sailing from Venice?  Kotor was the best sail in I've ever experienced - absolutely gorgeous.  We did a food/walking tour in Athens since it was our 2nd time there and we'd done all the typical sites previously.  I've got an excellent recommendation for a Corfu tour if you're interested.  And for Mykonos we just walked around on our own - its STUNNING.  We've previously done a 12 night Med from Barcelona and I totally fell in love with Barcelona - I'd like to do a whole week there!

We’ve enjoyed both itineraries and ships but for ease of departure port we’d definitely choose the Barcelona embarkation.

Barcelona is a fantastic city and you could easily have a few days pre or post cruise to visit all the sites.

The port and city virtually next to each other are only about a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport.

We did Western med (Rome, Naples, Barcelona, Palma de Mallorca, Florence) in mid October 2021. The Spanish ports were warm, but the Italian ports were quite cool (18 to 20 degrees Celsius).

Our guides remarked that it was unusually cold, but I probably would avoid going that late in the season in future. We’ve booked norther Europe for the last week of August this year