Seashore Formal night in Caribbean

bac513

9 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

Also, does the Yacht Club restaurant have a dress code for dinner?

Yes there is a dress code...long pants and collared shirt...but you can prob get away without a collar if it is a really nice shirt.

The answer I gave is for the YC...not sure about the MDR. You'll see many non US people wearing jeans there  but these are nice designer jeans...no rips or holes, nothing baggy.

I would suggest getting a pair of Dockers..

Much cooler temp wise

Edited by alyssamma

10 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Yes there is a dress code...long pants and collared shirt...but you can prob get away without a collar if it is a really nice shirt.

The answer I gave is for the YC...not sure about the MDR. You'll see many non US people wearing jeans there  but these are nice designer jeans...no rips or holes, nothing baggy.

I would suggest getting a pair of Dockers..

Much cooler temp wise

There is a dress code, but on our Seashore B2B it wasn't routinely enforced.  A number of men wore shorts and some wore T-shirts and that was acceptable.  Of course, it is MSC, so enforcement is inconsistent.  I remember guests being sent back to their cabins to dress properly for dinner on Seaside back in the pre-COVID days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JAGR said:

There is a dress code, but on our Seashore B2B it wasn't routinely enforced.  A number of men wore shorts and some wore T-shirts and that was acceptable.  Of course, it is MSC, so enforcement is inconsistent.  I remember guests being sent back to their cabins to dress properly for dinner on Seaside back in the pre-COVID days.

This is a good point. I was on Mera in Oct and Aug and the dress code wasn't enforced then either. Many in shorts in the YC MDR. Even pre covid MSC was all over the place...post covid who knows.

That being said, I would err on the side of caution and be pleasantly surprised if you can get away with shorts.

• Like 1

Not required BUT "Why you should always dress when you go out to eat. Yes, it still matters. By Sam Dangremond, Town & Country. John Winterman, who used to work for Daniel Boulud as maître d' at Daniel, and for Charlie Trotter before that, and asked if he thinks dressing up for dinner still matters."

"Absolutely," said Winterman, who's now managing partner at Batârd in New York City. "I break it down into self-respect and respect for others." Would someone's appearance affect the table they were assigned at, say, Daniel?

"On the record, yes," he said. "If someone comes in making an effort and looking fabulous and glamorous and they know they're in for a premium experience at a premium price, you give them a fabulous table in the middle of the room. And people react to that, when they see a crowd that's well-dressed and beautiful and sparkling."

P.S. Why many dress for a cruise like they are going on a camping trip ? 

Edited by morpheusofthesea
P.S.
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Not required BUT "Why you should always dress when you go out to eat. Yes, it still matters. By Sam Dangremond, Town & Country. John Winterman, who used to work for Daniel Boulud as maître d' at Daniel, and for Charlie Trotter before that, and asked if he thinks dressing up for dinner still matters."

"Absolutely," said Winterman, who's now managing partner at Batârd in New York City. "I break it down into self-respect and respect for others." Would someone's appearance affect the table they were assigned at, say, Daniel?

"On the record, yes," he said. "If someone comes in making an effort and looking fabulous and glamorous and they know they're in for a premium experience at a premium price, you give them a fabulous table in the middle of the room. And people react to that, when they see a crowd that's well-dressed and beautiful and sparkling."

P.S. Why many dress for a cruise like they are going on a camping trip ? 

I think there is validity to this view. But, I'm hardly unbiased on the question, since I'm in formal wear every evening of a cruise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, no1talks said:

I think there is validity to this view. But, I'm hardly unbiased on the question, since I'm in formal wear every evening of a cruise.

Tux or gown every evening? 

2 hours ago, no1talks said:

Black tux...

IMG_2389.jpg.4a71a20b97ba4bb08c3d4f5bf0c833b8.jpg

...or off-white dinner jacket.

IMG_2464.jpg.364813355926bc3c64589d75c3fdaa17.jpg

I leave my gowns at home. The salt air wrinkles the chiffon.😜

Sorry. I didn't look up who was posting. Do you really wear a tux or suit every night?

If you do, you deserve a drink. Next time I see you onboard, I will ensure that I buy you one.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

38 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Sorry. I didn't look up who was posting. Do you really wear a tux or suit every night?

If you do, you deserve a drink. Next time I see you onboard, I will ensure that I buy you one.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

No worries about the ID.

I do indeed tux-up every evening, 6 PM sharp. I get spiffy for the sea days, too, Generally wearing a navy blazer with white or khaki dress pants. I'll change things up with a waistcoat instead of a blazer.

I do not, however, begrudge others their casual attire. I don't dress up to be snooty about it.

My outlook is: If I've gone to the trouble of going out to the middle of the ocean, I might as well dress better than an evening at Olive Garden.

If you are going to be on Seascape in March of next year, there may be an opportunity for that drink.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1